Cali CPC-set. Added a poll. Critique/suggestions wanted (1 Viewer)

Which set do you like best

• Set 1

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • Set 2

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Set 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Set 4

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Set 5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Set 6

Votes: 13 37.1%

• Total voters
Retro Lavender is one of my favorite CPC colors, it really pops in person. It would make a great 500 chip.
28E70E95-FC00-48F0-B865-DA5E8B84232F.jpeg

Thanks! I like that 500. Wonder if the 100 needs something else besides green in that case though

You said there's green in the 100, but it's white with light blue and pink. Were you maybe talking about the 20 with the light green spots?

I like these better than anything in the OP. If I had to choose a lineup in the OP I would go with option #1. Overall they mostly seem boring.

Care to share some thoughts on how to make them unboring? They’re not boring to me but it would certainly be interesting to get a whole different perspective. That’s kinda the point of posting them in the first place.

Care to share some thoughts on how to make them unboring? They’re not boring to me but it would certainly be interesting to get a whole different perspective. That’s kinda the point of posting them in the first place.

Not that they appear “boring” to me, but with all sets once there is an inlay in the mock ups they definitely come to life more.

Not that they appear “boring” to me, but with all sets once there is an inlay in the mock ups they definitely come to life more.
That is certainly true. I have seen amazing complete mock-ups (with inlays) that I went to the tool with to recreate only to be dissappointed with how the look without the inlays.

I feel like we have all mocked up that exact same chip at some point. My daughter would love it... looks like unicorn poop. But who am I kidding, I would make that chip.
And it’s only a level 9!

That is certainly true. I have seen amazing complete mock-ups (with inlays) that I went to the tool with to recreate only to be dissappointed with how the look without the inlays.

When I mock chips up I try to put something in there with the color scheme I am thinking of. Not that I have ordered any CPC sets yet, but I think I would probably design the inlay first the. Do the chipset. Curious what the order of operations is for others who have done sets before.

I had similar thoughts to DD. It’s the best looking line up but the chip color combos have been used too many times. I can’t give you ideas on how to improve without giving away ideas for my possible future CPC set lol

I had similar thoughts to DD. It’s the best looking line up but the chip color combos have been used too many times. I can’t give you ideas on how to improve without giving away ideas for my possible future CPC set lol

yeah, in that sense I guess it’s a little boring maybe. To me a cali-set is very exotic though. Although I certainly see the point of trying to create something more unique. I love @Psypher1000 ’s 1/4 pie and @Josh Kifer ’s scrows but I don’t know. Maybe next set :)

Fuck me, I just tried it out on the scrown mold and it obviously looks great. There goes the last of inexpensive...I really hope I hate the feel when I get my mold sample set

Fuck me, I just tried it out on the scrown mold and it obviously looks great. There goes the last of inexpensive...I really hope I hate the feel when I get my mold sample set
I've found when building a set (and this doesn't mean it's correct, YMMV) make one chip that is done then slowly start building from there.

I've found when building a set (and this doesn't mean it's correct, YMMV) make one chip that is done then slowly start building from there.
That makes sense. Here I knew every base color I wanted beforehand and tried to come up with spot progression and colors that worked well enough together. I guess your way makes it more likely you’ll end up with something more unique (clearly, your set is the nuts!)

That makes sense. Here I knew every base color I wanted beforehand and tried to come up with spot progression and colors that worked well enough together. I guess your way makes it more likely you’ll end up with something more unique (clearly, your set is the nuts!)
I just did another too, and have found that when I focus on one then build around it, you get good results. Don't overthink it. Make the perfect 5 chip, then build the best 1 to go with it... Then expand... I'm happy to assist you in PM if you want someone to grind with. Always happy to help!

Making a great chip is almost easy if you have some experience and good taste (whatever that may mean to each person).
Making a great set is very hard. Being anchored on a chip or two may be productive or counter-productive. You might have to sacrifice the "great" chip in order for all of them to work together. Or not. :)
It's an emotional process anyway. No human being really needs poker chips to survive.:D

Decided to try something a little different, thoughts?

E289A325-531E-4C8D-BE67-1EB81AF29C52.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom