Build a Top set during time (CPC probably) (1 Viewer)

Nick84

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Dear friends,
My long term need is to have a good set to play comfortable both tournament and cash games.
I saw many interesting options and bought samples, Of course CPC and Key West is the dream.
I like the product specifications,
I like the handling feel, the noise too.
I like design.
Personally I love Atlantic design but they miss 50 cent and I prefer 1s in white instead of blue.
So I focused on Rounders CSQ
I do not have need to have a full set complete immediately, but I have many doubts on buying it during a long time period.

The main doubts are:
- Products discontinuity,
Do i risk to have no possibility to add racks in future? What can be the remaining market lifetime of CSQ Rounders? And of Scroll ones? And Atlantic?
- Color variations
Do i risk to have color variations during time?
Variation of manufacturing color shade?
Variation of my stored chips? I do not consider dirt since I do not play a lot.
Could anyone give me advices?

Hello! Good questions. My opinion/answers:

Product discontinuity: very low risk. Only if the company goes out of business or the CSQ mold is damaged/worn beyond repair. Both doubtful for the foreseeable future.
Colour variations: hopefully the formula has been consistent enough that this is no longer a major issue. If you take care to store your chips reasonably well (consistent room temperature, low humidity, avoid constant exposure to bright sunlight, etc.) then these chips should look like new for a very long time.

Regarding 50¢ and white $1's: I know of a couple custom versions of stock CPC designs. Never hurts to ask. @David Spragg.

Interesting but starting thinking on "custom" will make raise $$$
Custom inlaid solids are $1.25/chip, and inlaid with level 1 spots are $1.63 ($2.13 if you pick bright white, rather than normal white). It may not cost you much more to get the set you want. Again, asking never hurts. Good luck!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom