BUBBS' POKER DEN - TOURNAMENT SET (CPC B-DIAMOND) (4 Viewers)

oh Man !
another superb set, with so much taste,
the bounty chip is absolutely magnificent :)
oh yes, they're all absolutely magnificent,
a big congratz Paulo !

oh Man !
another superb set, with so much taste,
the bounty chip is absolutely magnificent :)
oh yes, they're all absolutely magnificent,
a big congratz Paulo !

Thanks for the very, very, very kind words Nico!!

I hope you can make it to one of our meet-ups soon man... Regardless of which, you're assured to be playing with awesome chips!

That 25 is becoming one of my all time favorites. You knocked it out of the park with this set. Of course I feel like I say this to you every other month :)

Well done sir.

The T25s were the first ones I oiled and saw how cool they looked... I thought they would be my favorite of the set... Then I oiled the T100s and was like 'yep, that's the one!'... I liked the T100s so much in person I considered having a limit set made using the same color/spots with a different mold and inlay... Although the gradient on that chip really makes it shine imo... Oh, and I don't even care for limit poker too much... ;)

Thanks for the very, very, very kind words Nico!!

I hope you can make it to one of our meet-ups soon man... Regardless of which, you're assured to be playing with awesome chips!

that would be a dream becoming true playing with you and pcf friends,
i've followed the Melee thread recently, it was just great !
but (sorry there is) I have to wait first the black magic my ex did on me to vanish:(

that would be a dream becoming true playing with you and pcf friends,
i've followed the Melee thread recently, it was just great !
but (sorry there is) I have to wait first the black magic my ex did on me to vanish:(

LOL!!!

One day my friend... One day... ;)

Hey Paulo, could you possibly give a quick explanation of the breakdown you chose for these - what kind of starting stacks and number of players were you taking into account? I'm about to do a tourney set with the same denoms and this breakdown is quite a bit different from anything I've been thinking about.

Hey Paulo, could you possibly give a quick explanation of the breakdown you chose for these - what kind of starting stacks and number of players were you taking into account? I'm about to do a tourney set with the same denoms and this breakdown is quite a bit different from anything I've been thinking about.

Absolutely Ben!

First, I'm a big fan of T2000 instead of T1000, it makes more sense from a progression perspective and it optimizes chip count better. I also like plenty of chips in starting stacks and like to store the chips already separated as they will be distributed, preferably in full barrels. I also like to start my blind progression with 50/100 as to avoid the big 2x jump if one starts at 25/50 (@BGinGA patented 25/75 notwithstanding!). A good deep stack for me is around 200BB for tournaments, if it's too much more than that the play seems a bit too tight for me.

Taking all the above into account, I wanted a T20K starting stack, comprised of two full barrels for at least 20 players (I have two tables in my basement). So my starting point was 12/12/9/7 for a minimum of 240/240/180/140. I also have the ability to add one more table and do 25 players, in which case I'd drop the starting stacks to T15K with 12/12/7/5 putting me at 300/300/175/125... I also wanted the ability to color up and re-buys but it all comes down to the final chips on the table and in my case, T2Ks and T10Ks... Two barrels of T10Ks gets me T400K + however many T2Ks needed to facilitate play, let call that a rack... So T200K more totaling T600K bank, enough for 30 buy-ins at T20K (including re-buys) and 40 buy-ins (also including re-buys) at T15K.

So it was just a matter of filling the T500 second rack and getting the count of T2Ks to 160, with the 40 T10K completing the second rack of the T2Ks... Final count: 300/300/200/160/40 + 50 bounties...

Ideally I'd have done 300/300/300/200/60/40(Bounties) but I didn't have the money as I was ordering the cash set at the same time... I really like the same number of T25s/T100s/T500s, IF used with T2Ks as you can stretch the bus-ins by doing 8/8/8/x... That would give me the ability to do almost 40 players... In the future, I might even consider adding to this set to get to that breakdown... Do I need it, no of course :)

Sorry for the lengthy reply man... I hope it helps...

Last edited:
Now, a pretty good breakdown for 800 chips based on the same assumptions above is 200/200/200/160/40 and I have a few sets like that since the chance of needing 40 players is minimal... I can still have 12/12/9/7 for 16 players which is pretty much my league attendance... In a pinch, one can still do 25 players at 8/8/8/x...

Last edited:

Just now I saw the word 'quick', LOL!!!

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Does a 12/12/7/5 starting stack play OK in your experience? I guess that's the main difference between your thoughts and mine - I feel like when you're using T2k chips, you need more T500 (like a minimum of 10 per player) else you'll be having difficulties making change a lot in the earlier levels. But I've never really played with the T500-T2k jump so I don't really know (I play regularly in a tournament that uses a T2k chip, but ALSO has a T1k. o_O)

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Does a 12/12/7/5 starting stack play OK in your experience? I guess that's the main difference between your thoughts and mine - I feel like when you're using T2k chips, you need more T500 (like a minimum of 10 per player) else you'll be having difficulties making change a lot in the earlier levels. But I've never really played with the T500-T2k jump so I don't really know (I play regularly in a tournament that uses a T2k chip, but ALSO has a T1k. o_O)

I think it plays perfectly Ben... One still has 9 T500s to begin with and once they become more of a workhorse, the average will probably be more than 9 because of bust outs... Also, T2Ks is just 4x the T500 so not a big jump... Again, I find it works quite well... The only 'IF' is how comfortable players will be playing the T2Ks... If your players are hardcore Vegas tourney players, than it will take a little time for them to get used to T2Ks...

Reactions: Ben

Sorry, I just now saw the 12/12/7/5 starting stack... Yep, I still think it's plenty for the reason I wrote above... The problem is that you can only add in multiple of 4s so it would have to be 7 or 11 or 15 if you go for T15K or 9 or 13 if you go with T20K...

That's another reason I like the same number of 25/100/500 with T2Ks in play as you can have 12/12/11/x or 8/8/8/x...

I think this is my favourite tournament set ever. I've been playing around for ever, trying to come up with a set like this, with each chip being only different shades of the same color. I can never seem to get it right, and end up scraping the mockups and starting over. This set is the perfect execution. Great work.

I think this is my favourite tournament set ever. I've been playing around for ever, trying to come up with a set like this, with each chip being only different shades of the same color. I can never seem to get it right, and end up scraping the mockups and starting over. This set is the perfect execution. Great work.
I've had the same idea before too.

Wow! Another incredible set Paulo! Is there no end to the great designs/color combos in your mind? I really, really love your color choices and denominations.
Looking forward to starting stack and action pics!

i totally agree, this is how I want my sets to look!!

Congrats Paulo! Its a terrific set. I've always been a great fan of the "tone on tone" color approach. Looks terrific in stacks and in a pot!

I've been posting in this thread and I just realized this is yet ANOTHER beautiful set, not the other Bubbs chips. Damn are they beautiful. You and J5 are the Lennon/McCartney of poker chips!

Wow this set is as awesome as the cash game set to me...
I love so much those 500-2k-10k breakdown...
The T100 is a killer you are right, but my favorite is the 2k!
Good job to you and keep surprising us like that, we will always love it!

Oh wow!! Thanks a lot for the kind words beav! I'm a big fan of your BCR set... Great use of the B-Diamond for sure...

Wow! Another incredible set Paulo! Is there no end to the great designs/color combos in your mind? I really, really love your color choices and denominations.
Looking forward to starting stack and action pics!

Thank you soon much Paul!!! It means a lot you appreciate the set... I don't know if there's an end to set ideas in my mind but I can guarantee you I don't have the money the test when/if the ideas will run out ;)

Shooting for the debut of those chips March 5th, action shots to come!

Thanks again for your kindness...

Congrats Paulo! Its a terrific set. I've always been a great fan of the "tone on tone" color approach. Looks terrific in stacks and in a pot!

Thanks a lot Jeff! Much appreciated!

I've always been a fan of tone on tone as well... I like the pictures from right above the rack showing the very different colors but at the same time a coherent pattern between the denoms... Imo, it works great for tournament sets although I wish CPC color pallet were a little broader... They will get there if we keep supporting the industry...

I've been posting in this thread and I just realized this is yet ANOTHER beautiful set, not the other Bubbs chips. Damn are they beautiful. You and J5 are the Lennon/McCartney of poker chips!

Hahahaha... You crack me up Mike... You and Bill were the first ones to see the chips, at least a few of them, live... The the set is all together, it's way more impressive I think...

It's more like @Johnny5 is Miles Davis and I'm the guy seated front row watching him play... ;)

Last edited:
Wow this set is as awesome as the cash game set to me...
I love so much those 500-2k-10k breakdown...
The T100 is a killer you are right, but my favorite is the 2k!
Good job to you and keep surprising us like that, we will always love it!

Thanks a lot Grobin! It's really cool there seems to be personal preferences for all the chips in the set... Very rewarding indeed people are enjoying the chips...

Imagine the hundos I could hide in my lap with these on:

IMG_0849 (1).JPG

Btw Mike, planning a March 5th cash game to put those in play... Save the date! ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom