Bridge/Jumbo Index Issue (3 Viewers)

International law, barristers, & courts = expensive

Can someone point me to a post that summarizes what went on here?!? I've never been a fan of Modianos, and pretty much exclusively use Desjgn and Piatniks. I didn't get in on this/stopped following because I already have so many set ups from each.

Can someone point me to a post that summarizes what went on here?!? I've never been a fan of Modianos, and pretty much exclusively use Desjgn and Piatniks. I didn't get in on this/stopped following because I already have so many set ups from each.
You are in the thread that summarizes what went on. Read the OP

Im so angry. There will be some angry phonecalls made on Monday.

Lying straight to my face, those Italian bastards will answer for this.

Unfortunately I'm a pessimist from experience I never trust what people say unless their actions back up their words.

Still appreciate your effort with your phone calls. You went above and beyond in trying to get @#$&ano :mad: to stand up and do the right thing. (y) :thumbsup:

Made some calls and I have a Italian calling them in Italian on Monday. That phonecall is to tell them that my company and our teams will never buy or recommend their products again. If they want to have a option in the future to change that they can refund Jason right away or start reprinting this week.

Either way damage is done and we cant trust them.

@Gunnar is like...
giphy.gif

Gunnar, I completely empathize considering the email responses telling me this is what we’ll do or you will be contacted by...I value commitment, honesty, and following through. However, it is just time to move on. We are all indignant, but better printed cards will soon commence. I am not going to let this snafu deter me and I take my own responsibility seriously in what I promised to produce in the Kickstarter campaign.

I haven’t heard yet from Piatnik as hoped, but I will try again this week.

Gunnar, I completely empathize considering the email responses telling me this is what we’ll do or you will be contacted by...I value commitment, honesty, and following through. However, it is just time to move on. We are all indignant, but better printed cards will soon commence. I am not going to let this snafu deter me and I take my own responsibility seriously in what I promised to produce in the Kickstarter campaign.

I haven’t heard yet from Piatnik as hoped, but I will try again this week.
Piatnik cards are nice but after only a few uses at my game on soft felt they seem to wear down very fast. Not a big deal and will continue to use the cards but wanted you to be aware of this.

The top cards are brand new and unused. The bottom cards have been used a few times and less the 5 times. They also don't appear to have a secure glossy finish to help prevent this.

rps20180211_150240_731.jpg

I have never owned the Classic Cultures but have handled and played with them at @justsomedude place. I am unaware of these cards wearing down but they do feel and shuffle awesome.

Another top choice would be to use the Gemaco Superflex plastic. They shuffle well and have a similar feeling to the Classic Cultures. They also seem to have a secure glossy finish on them to avoid wear down. Picture below.
rps20180211_150745_693.jpg

Just a few comments and suggestions.

I picked up a few Piatnik decks in that recent buy to test and I must say I was not that big a fan which was surprising to me given the good feedback on here. Nothing particularly bad just didn't do it for me. Fournier still remains my goto at the moment however I have never held a CC plastic that was mentioned.

Please send all new/unused Piatnik Bridge/Jumbo decks to me for proper disposal. :sneaky:

I say the same thing. I have some Piatniks that I have used for several games and have not seen any fading. I have seen that sometimes it comes from surface dirt on the fly. The small dust and dirt makes the felt like a fine sandpaper.

Thanks for the heads up on Piatnik.

Gemaco, I believe in some of their offerings, rely on China for their production. I could be mistaken. However, let me know if there is some tag line on where they are produced on the super flex.

I wish Fournier was a brighter white, but I do like how they feel and handle.

There were a number of backers here who purchased multiple sets, some going above and beyond to make sure this project happened in getting 30 sets. I am sure you will be able to get a few from members here. (y) :thumbsup:

For those of you who remember the very first red/blue Classic Victorians, what was your opinion of the plastic used?

Remember them? I still have them. :) I tend to default to the v2 CV's simply because of the additional colours and whiter stock, but the v1's were the cards that got me hooked on your cards. Just got them out again, and played with them a bit...I like them a lot. My impression is that they are between Fournier and Copag, have a bit of texture, and are nice to shuffle.

Some pictures showing the difference in the white. It's not a lot, but the v2 is whiter.

20180211_191923 (Medium).jpg

20180211_192008 (Medium).jpg

Last edited:
Only handled the Classic Victorians a couple of times and it's been awhile (poker size not in the rotation for a while). I guess I need to dig them out and see how they handle again. Are they a different card stock than the Cultures?

Very familiar with the Classic Culture cards and am all for using that card stock (as well as Fournier and/or Piatnik).

Am I the only one listening to Taylor Swift break up songs and shuffling Modiano decks ?

Well for the first I like my own cards but maybe a little biased there. KEM is coming second, I personally like cards to bend and be on the flexibility side

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom