Bridge/Jumbo Index Issue (3 Viewers)

desjgn

3 of a Kind
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Hello everyone. About a week and a half ago, all rewards were shipped out and a good portion have already received them over these past two weeks. And I thought great, the project is done and people can begin to enjoy the decks. Unfortunately, it has come to my attention from several backers that some of the decks, the red ones specifically, are defective in that the printing of them and lack of QC at the manufacturer’s facility during the printing process caused uneven tones and hues of the back design.

This is a big concern and issue that I want to get a handle on immediately. I need you to inspect your red decks to see if you see inconsistencies in the red backs’ hues. If this is the case, please send me an image of what you find as I will be talking with the manufacturer tomorrow as well as documenting every instance of this issue. Next, check your blue decks too just to be thorough, even though this back color has not had the issue but once.

This issue for me is beyond frustrating as much as it has been for several backers. I didn’t do the kickstarter to fail and sometimes in the production process mistakes are made that are not only infuriating, but could simply be avoided which obviously culminates frustration for all parties involved and my apologies that this issue is presenting itself at all. It truly kills me that this is even an issue as the Classic Victorian and Classic Flourish products turned out wonderfully in their printing, starting back in 2013.

So what am I going to do about it and what solutions do I have to resolve and fix this issue? Like I mentioned before, I didn’t do the kickstarter to fail, nor did you back the project to receive an inconsistently printed playing card product at the end of the journey. I am first going to request that the decks be reprinted with attention to ink details and printing processes attended to properly (which obviously should have been done at the first printing run). If the facility will not own up to this mistake, I will have replacement decks produced elsewhere so that the decks that you ordered are printed properly for the integrity of your games.

Again my apologies that this is even an issue, but I will not stop until replacement decks are in everyone’s hands and in the quantities that they originally ordered as well. And what about the decks that some backers sold to others? They too will receive replacement decks as needed.

Thank you for your support, patience, and understanding as I work to resolve this issue at hand.

Jason
Desjgn Playing Cards

Jason, sorry to hear. Check through the decks you were going to sendy way and if it helps use them to fill in other people's orders. I'm in no rush to get them so whenever you get things resolved send them along. Good luck with the manufacturing company.

Can you post a photo and show us to what to look for? I have my setups out and am ready to open the plastic on all the red decks

Can you post a photo and show us to what to look for? I have my setups out and am ready to open the plastic on all the red decks

I sent this image as a text to @justsomedude and @Kyle and they immediately could tell the top 2 cards were the 9c and Qh.......
IMG_2109.PNG

IMG_2110.PNG

I have been talking to Jason about this and I am really impressed at his customer service. Here is a pic that shows some differences in the same red deck.
It does not hit you in the face but there are some shades difference that can be noticed in this deck.

20171103_015825.jpg

Last edited:
Think it would have taken a long time to notice without this post, but both the decks I purchased from another member are affected. Was it all decks that seem to have this issue?

Tried mixing up two cards (Ad and 2d) and could pick the ace every single time, noticeably lighter shade. I'm not sure I could spot across the table and use it to my advantage, but I definitely wouldn't use them for any kind of high stakes action. The feel is awesome though, really like the cards!

I have been talking to Jason about this and I am really impressed at his customer service. Here is a pic that shows some differences in the same red deck.
It does not hit you in the face but there are some shades difference that can be noticed in this deck.

20171103_015825-jpg.131653
Your pic is not working for me

I can definitely see a noticeable color variance between lots of the red backs

Ack. Yep. 5d, 6d, 7d in the photo, had my son mix them up five times and picked out the 6d with zero hesitation each time.

Desjgn.jpg

Much as I hate to say it, I have the same thing happening on my blue decks. 8c, 9c, 10c in pic, picked out the 9c ten times in a row. Mixed them up for my son, he found it five times out of five. As did my daughter.

Sorry this is happening man :(

Desjgn Blue.jpg

IMG_2936.JPG

IMG_2937.PNG

I have been paying more attention to red probably because it is easier on the eyes to spot, I will have to go through blue gain.

Awww man. After all the time and effort you put into this Jason, I’m sorry to hear this. You have the support of many here, and regardless of this issue(which is no fault of your own) we will continue to support Desjgn cards in the days to come. I only hope that you can rectify this soon. I’d hate for your cards to earn a bad reputation from outside of the community here due to manufacturer error. All the best!

Much as I hate to say it, I have the same thing happening on my blue decks. 8c, 9c, 10c in pic, picked out the 9c ten times in a row. Mixed them up for my son, he found it five times out of five. As did my daughter.

Sorry this is happening man :(

View attachment 132681
View attachment 132688
View attachment 132690
Maybe I’m a moron, have bad eyes or am in poor lighting but I can’t tell which card is which. I can easily see the shade difference in the red and I haven’t opened the blues up yet

Yeah, first red deck is no good :(. 9c Qh Ad are some of my lighter backs as well.

Maybe I’m a moron, have bad eyes or am in poor lighting but I can’t tell which card is which. I can easily see the shade difference in the red and I haven’t opened the blues up yet
My blues are definitely less noticeable than the reds and I likely wouldn't have noticed if i wasn't specifically looking for it. Sliced the edges off a couple jokers for closer side-by-side comparison, one on the left is "brighter".

I did further testing and both kids went 5-for-5 in finding the odd card out of groupings of eight instead of three so it's not my imagination but the blues being reprinted is a non issue for me if I just got a couple flawed decks... it's not going to matter in the occasional game I have :)

IMG_2943.PNG

We used the cards in two games so far (two separate sets, 4 decks), and no one said anything at all. I am not sure if we would have noticed anything at all, had it not been for this post. However, given the integrity of the game, and the fact that we use brand new cards for each and every game (usually 2 decks/1set for each game), this is really bad news. I actually bragged about having a 'custom made cards' for our game, and now it is likely to backfire.

I will look at the cards tomorrow morning, hoping to see what you guys are talking about in a sunny/bright environment. Although we do play in a room that is not very bright, I still can't take the chance :(

And I have 25+ more sets to use :(

I can't find any variety of shades within my red deck. I don't know if it's because I've a red felt and my mind is playing tricks, glare from my lights or I got lucky. I'm trying the 'pick a card game' a couple members did with their kids or themselves and I couldn't spot any outliers, even ones I thought were.

As for the blue deck, I think a couple cards are outliers

20171108_013250.jpg
20171108_013141.jpg
20171108_013509.jpg

On that note, I'm not trying to compound any frustration you've already from this problem. I wouldn't even notice the slight differences in the shade to be completely honest. If I position some cards in different areas of my table, I can't even tell.

I hope the facility does right by you and will make up for their manufacturing error.

Checked 2 out of 3 of my setups. I can’t tell the difference with any accuracy on the blue decks.

I did manage to pick the queen of hearts card 6 out of 6 times in the red deck though. The back colour difference between red and black suites cards is quite pronounced when you pay close attention.

Really sorry to hear this has happened, the cards are really great other than that.

Checked 2 out of 3 of my setups. I can’t tell the difference with any accuracy on the blue decks.

I did manage to pick the queen of hearts card 6 out of 6 times in the red deck though. The back colour difference between red and black suites cards is quite pronounced when you pay close attention.

Really sorry to hear this has happened, the cards are really great other than that.
I flipped through an open red deck and couldn’t notice any variances.
Are you saying that with this particular deck, the shade of red on the back of the queen of hearts is so different from the other 51 cards in the deck that you can pick it out every time? In addition to the red and black suits having differed shade backs?

I quickly checked one setup last night on the way to bed and didn't notice any difference in colors of the red or blue deck fanned out on my poker table in playing lighting. Ill try to go through the others tonight or tomorrow

I flipped through an open red deck and couldn’t notice any variances.
Are you saying that with this particular deck, the shade of red on the back of the queen of hearts is so different from the other 51 cards in the deck that you can pick it out every time? In addition to the red and black suits having differed shade backs?
Hard to tell from the photo and I haven’t checked every red and black card in the whole deck but the red suited cards I have checked have a noticeably darker back than the black suited cards.
66388911-F23B-4CF9-A04A-C987E8783D25.jpeg
D461C0D6-DF67-40CD-8F3F-81D6BDA419C2.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom