Bridge/Jumbo Index Issue (5 Viewers)

UPDATE: samples have come in and I am encouraged with this production, however, I am going to look at them in various lighting to check any variance of color on both colors. I am also going to send a sample set to @justsomedude so that I can have players test them and make sure colors are where they should be this week. I won’t have any shipment details of the main production run until next week so this weekend will give me an idea to either say yes we are good or have them redo either of the decks.

For those familiar with the Classic Paisleys thickness and the Classic Culture thickness, these feel in between.

I will post photos tomorrow.

Thanks for the sample @desjgn - excited to get these into play tomorrow night!

Here are some teaser pics from the sample setup...

desjgnsamples-1.jpg

desjgnsamples-3.jpg

desjgnsamples-2.jpg

desjgnsamples-4.jpg

UPDATE: samples have come in and I am encouraged with this production, however, I am going to look at them in various lighting to check any variance of color on both colors. I am also going to send a sample set to @justsomedude so that I can have players test them and make sure colors are where they should be this week. I won’t have any shipment details of the main production run until next week so this weekend will give me an idea to either say yes we are good or have them redo either of the decks.

For those familiar with the Classic Paisleys thickness and the Classic Culture thickness, these feel in between.

I will post photos tomorrow.
These look great. Is Tony still getting some for us Canadians? I definitely want a few set ups.
Thanks.

Thanks for the sarcasm in some of the posts as well as the compliments. (y) :thumbsup:

As far as stock is concerned, I haven’t received my main shipment yet as details of that will be finalized next week, provided that @justsomedude and company at tomorrow’s game do not find issues with them. I do not want a repeat of what happened on the first run, shipping out all orders only to have the production be unprofessional.

@justsomedude feel free to post your game’s feedback here. I want this publicized for everyone to see who either participated in the kickstarter or bought decks from members here.

I will also address how I might help those that bought multiple decks and then sold/shipped decks from the bad run here soon. @nitzilla

For all of those in Canada, Tony will be receiving the good reprinted stock when everything checks out as I owe him 20 sets.

hmmm thats not good, I can tell the difference between the red deck and the blue deck from here...;)

I needed to get past the first part of this sentence til “between” because I nearly had a heart attack...thanks so much for that cheeky (insert your choice of colorful language here)! ;)

I needed to get past the first part of this sentence til “between” because I nearly had a heart attack...thanks so much for that cheeky (insert your choice of colorful language here)! ;)

I must admit that I LOL'd when I read that comment, but I can see the issue. What's funny to some . . .

Thank you for working so hard to resolve this major problem with Modiano's production run. You rock!!! (y) :thumbsup:

For all of those in Canada, Tony will be receiving the good reprinted stock when everything checks out as I owe him 20 sets.

I'll probably have to add on to that since once the 20 come in, I'll likely be sending out a bunch of them to replace old decks that were sold before finding out about the color issue.

I must admit that I LOL'd when I read that comment, but I can see the issue. What's funny to some . . .

Thank you for working so hard to resolve this major problem with Modiano's production run. You rock!!! (y) :thumbsup:

I know it is in jest, so I am only jesting back and I did laugh about it like you as what can you do in these situations but laugh and go on with life. Thank you for your comment though. I am trying and really just want people to get properly produced cards as they were intended.

Thanks for the sarcasm in some of the posts as well as the compliments. (y) :thumbsup:

As far as stock is concerned, I haven’t received my main shipment yet as details of that will be finalized next week, provided that @justsomedude and company at tomorrow’s game do not find issues with them. I do not want a repeat of what happened on the first run, shipping out all orders only to have the production be unprofessional.

@justsomedude feel free to post your game’s feedback here. I want this publicized for everyone to see who either participated in the kickstarter or bought decks from members here.

I will also address how I might help those that bought multiple decks and then sold/shipped decks from the bad run here soon. @nitzilla

So I assume the new full order will only be produced / printed when we report there are no flaws with this sample deck setup, correct?

These will be played in my game with up to 20 players that knew about the flaws from the 1st production along with other players who did not. This includes 5 PCF members including myself, @justsomedude @One Eyed Dollar @kenny and @pokerplayingpisces. We will thoroughly look at each card individually and provide honest feedback with no fluff.

If the decks have any slight color difference on the backs or any other type of flaw we will let you know for proper correction by the manufacturer and wait accordingly.

I hope like hell we do not find any flaws though. At the same time we want to make sure this gets done right.

Thanks,
Kyle

Last edited:

Im very happy you made it past the first part LOL.

And i can imagine the stress this whole situation has put you under. Its looking like the finish line is in sight, and i think everyone knows you've gone above and beyond to try and do the right thing every step of the way, And at the end of the day, whatever the results, thats all you/ anyone can ask.

(y) :thumbsup:(y) :thumbsup:

I'll also add, if you've played cards with me you'd know i make THE WORST jokes possible. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Here’s the honest take on the new run of DESjGNS....

1) The feel is AMAZING! It is almost identical to the Classic Cultures. And if you liked those, you’ll love these.

2) The blue decks are perfect! No difference in color whatsoever

3) The red decks show some variation in color IF you are looking for it. BUT... the color variance is very subtle, difficult to see, and impossible to pick out or track certain cards. In play, it is not even noticeable. Seriously - and I can't stress this enough - the variation is so subtle that you have to really be looking for it. We spotted it, but we had to lay out all of the cards and work to see it, kind of like this guy...

BsXcJERCIAAMWxn.jpg

@Kyle, @pokerplayingpisces, @kenny and I really had to sit and stare at the backs to try to notice it. On some occasions some one would say, “wait - that one’s darker!” - and then the three other guys would say “no it’s not!” So I think it is at the point that we are paranoid and over analyzing it. Seriously.

In summary - these cards meet the approval of the crew that played with them, and I cannot friggin wait to get more!!!

Conclusion: SHIP EM!

Final/side note - we're wondering if red is simply a notoriously difficult color to print consistently, and if the Modiano run was just the first time it became a real/serious issue.

the cards look amazing and I want some. Honestly, if there was disagreement in color variation and it couldn't be resolved conclusively I wouldn't have mentioned it. If there is no consensus that one red card has a different color than another, then they don't really have a different color.

I would have put anyone who felt strongly that they saw a difference to the test and had them pick out cards they felt were different, then mix those cards and see if they could really pick them out.

I'm a competitive home beer brewer. I've worked homebrew competitions. I've seen the way people try to taste things into reality or taste them out of reality. It's incredibly subjective and incredibly open to suggestion. By asking your group if they could see a difference you absolutely invited some to imagine a difference that may or may not actually exist. The only way to verify is to put their observations to the test. Can they actually reliably pick out the "different" card.

BsXcJERCIAAMWxn.jpg

Ok, maybe it wasn't a good idea to send the sample cards to the stoner/Colorado crew for review. ;):sneaky::D

Sounds like they passed, i think. If you weren't able to pick out the color variant cards with any consistency then it probably was a jedi mind trick because you were looking specifically for variants. Be sure to do a close spread examination today under optimal light for a second opinion.

The fact they feel like the Classic Culture makes them a big winner for me. (y) :thumbsup:

As a host who couldn't use the last decks I have to say this sentence concerns me.

"3) The red decks show some variation in color IF you are looking for it. BUT... the color variance is very subtle, difficult to see, and impossible to pick out or track certain cards."

Can we see some pics please?

Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom