BPOE 858 Elks Lodge Poker Chips (2 Viewers)

BryantRC

Two Pair
Reaction score
I picked these up for $40 shipped this week. Really not sure what I have but they are old and cool! The red wooden tray and old box are likely more interesting than the chips. There are 100 yellow chips and they seem to be in mint unused condition. Anyone have any info on them? Any idea how old they might be? I believe they are clay chips. That's what they feel like. Thanks!

20230719_204325.jpg
20230719_204223.jpg
20230719_210545.jpg
20230719_210643.jpg

Last edited:
Elk's Lodge 858 - Greenville, SC founded in 1951.

Cool find - if you're looking to sell them, that Lodge has a Facebook page - they might want to get some club history back! My local Elk's lodge has a very strong poker group and would love to have chips like this to give out to the players.

Elk's Lodge 858 - Greenville, SC founded in 1951.

Cool find - if you're looking to sell them, that Lodge has a Facebook page - they might want to get some club history back! My local Elk's lodge has a very strong poker group and would love to have chips like this to give out to the players.
Thanks for the info! I was told that Elks clubs don't allow poker. I asked about hosting a game at a local lodge my friend is a part of. Do ya'll play at your lodge?

What’s an Elk Lodge’s primary purpose?…hiding from the old lady? Is there a minimum age requirement to be a member? Seems like a bunch of old dudes shaking fists at clouds and stuff.

No offense.

What’s an Elk Lodge’s primary purpose?…hiding from the old lady? Is there a minimum age requirement to be a member? Seems like a bunch of old dudes shaking fists at clouds and stuff.

No offense.
First rule. You don’t talk about The Lodge.

If you have to ask then you are going to get a non answer.

Thanks for the info! I was told that Elks clubs don't allow poker. I asked about hosting a game at a local lodge my friend is a part of. Do ya'll play at your lodge?
I'm not an ELK - but I can play poker at the Elk's lodge minimum 4 days of the week.

No offense.
The Elk's lodge primary service is service to the community. Our local lodge is involved in raising funds for children with disabilities to attend summer camps. They also have some program they call sweethearts. It's another children's charity.

The Elk's lodge primary service is service to the community. Our local lodge is involved in raising funds for children with disabilities to attend summer camps. They also have some program they call sweethearts. It's another children's charity.
Well…that’s great. Sincerely.

No offense.

So what kind of organizations that help others in need do you teenagers belong to and actively help out with? Just curious how you kids are helping out society nowadays. I know you have to wait until you get a job and move out of moms house to be really effective, but I was wondering what you might be doing right now with the money your mom gave you.

I don’t mean to offend with this post, but it don’t matter, you tweens get offended at everything.

So what kind of organizations that help others in need do you teenagers belong to and actively help out with? Just curious how you kids are helping out society nowadays. I know you have to wait until you get a job and move out of moms house to be really effective, but I was wondering what you might be doing right now with the money your mom gave you.

I don’t mean to offend with this post, but it don’t matter, you tweens get offended at everything.
My kids have all been either in a national honor society which requires service hours, and Ashlyn serves drinks at poker games.

No offense.
As long as you don't live in your parent's basement; no offense taken.

If you do live in your parrent's basement...no offense... :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Just messing with you.:)

I really did mean no offense…I’ve had no experience with Elks. I see you’ve taken offense….tried to ask a question in a light hearted jovial way.

My bad.

I’m 43…I coach, volunteer with united way and ymca, donate money to our church, amongst other things.

I’ve been with the same company for 16 years and have never been given a dime from my parents.

Maybe you weren’t referring to me, though…I apologize if I’m being presumptuous.

Sincerely…I think what the Elks club is doing is great.
IMG_6248.jpeg

Last edited:
I really did mean no offense…I’ve had no experience with Elks. I see you’ve taken offense….tried to ask a question in a light hearted jovial way.

My bad.

I’m 43…I coach, volunteer with united way and ymca, donate money to our church ,amongst other things.

I’ve been with the same company for 16 years and have never been given a dime from my parents.

Maybe you weren’t referring to me, though…I apologize if I’m being presumptuous.

Sincerely…I think what the Elks club is doing is great.

Damn it…it’s too easy to mess with me.
I suspect we're both completely messing with you!! :cool

My uncle was a member of the Elks for 50 years and he was a Korean war vet. A lot of vets joined the Elks Club. They would have split club dinners and raffles and such raising money for certain causes. A lot of the members were hunters so there would be large venison dinners. He has since passed and we don't go to thE dinners anymore but they were tasty as hell.

Pretty cool to see some of these chips from Buffalo. I have a small custom set myself with this mold and my initials. My buddy has an identical set with his initials. Got these in the early early 2000s, maybe 2000 or 2001

PXL_20210910_201353742.jpg
PXL_20210910_201341569.jpg
PXL_20210910_201233029.jpg
PXL_20210910_201203531.jpg

My uncle was a member of the Elks for 50 years and he was a Korean war vet. A lot of vets joined the Elks Club. They would have split club dinners and raffles and such raising money for certain causes. A lot of the members were hunters so there would be large venison dinners. He has since passed and we don't go to thE dinners anymore but they were tasty as hell.

Pretty cool to see some of these chips from Buffalo. I have a small custom set myself with this mold and my initials. My buddy has an identical set with his initials. Got these in the early early 2000s, maybe 2000 or 2001

View attachment 1166817View attachment 1166818View attachment 1166819View attachment 1166822
What do you think the initiation ceremonies are like?…candles and spanking and stuff?

That would be cool…

What do you think the initiation ceremonies are like?…candles and spanking and stuff?

That would be cool…

Then I’ll just continue to let my imagination run wild.
I can't tell you any more than this, but here's how the last 28 year dude we brought in left...

3_JS188102333.jpg
He was waiting for his mommy to pick him up after the party :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom