Bourbon Basement Calendar Photo Shoot (1 Viewer)

These are nice. Can't wait to play them some day. But I do have concerns.....

When I see "calendar shoot" in any title anywhere, I would presume, maybe expect that there would be a hot girl in it.

...but we just take photos of chips and booze. What a buck of friggin' nerds we are. :)

Jack Daniel's is not even Bourbon anyway.

Not to split hairs Mike, but Jack Daniel's is indeed a Bourbon per the letter of the law. The company itself has been pushing the "not Bourbon!" message but that is just a market ploy to differentiate JD from the Bourbon crowd. So JD is a Tennessee Whiskey (defined as Bourbon produced in Tennessee), but it is also a Straight Bourbon in general. The filtration process that JD goes through (differently than 99% of the Bourbons) is not forbidden or even mentioned in the definition of Bourbon Whiskey.

image-2.png

Reactions: 72o
Not to split hairs Mike, but Jack Daniel's is indeed a Bourbon per the letter of the law. The company itself has been pushing the "not Bourbon!" message but that is just a market ploy to differentiate JD from the Bourbon crowd. So JD is a Tennessee Whiskey (defined as Bourbon produced in Tennessee), but it is also a Straight Bourbon in general. The filtration process that JD goes through (differently than 99% of the Bourbons) is not forbidden or even mentioned in the definition of Bourbon Whiskey.
The maple/charcoal filtration is not forbidden in the definition of Bourbon, but also not mentioned. According to Fred Noe (of Jim Beam fame) this process is to change flavor and disqualifies it as a Bourbon. I am not sure who is right, and this is a fun discussion. I just always thought if you took something that qualified as a Bourbon and then materially changed it , it would no longer be a Bourbon. I'll tell you one thing, JD is good at marketing! Especially when you can get a picture like this below:
jd.jpg

@David O

took them outside. of course its cloudy and meh. Out looks like this is the best day of the week. If these don't work leery me know and ill try and get them to Paulos.

View attachment 126256 View attachment 126259 View attachment 126260 View attachment 126261 View attachment 126262 View attachment 126265 View attachment 126266 View attachment 126267 View attachment 126268 View attachment 126269 View attachment 126271

WOW, amazing(X10) in the full light of day. I tried to give multiple likes, to no avail.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom