Bourbon Basement Calendar Photo Shoot (1 Viewer)

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
@David O can toy work with any of this?

suggestions, critiques? good enough?

20171004_183330.jpg
20171004_183403.jpg
20171004_183441.jpg
20171004_183454.jpg
20171004_184551.jpg
20171004_184405.jpg
20171004_191128.jpg
20171004_190743.jpg
20171004_190553.jpg
20171004_184728.jpg

I would say to try and shoot from “chip level” a little more. Not as many downward facing shots.... hard I know especially if angling over a rail... try moving the chips to one side and setting your phone right on the felt.

Also, try to use a big open window behind you as natural light, it’s more flattering than a camera flash or tungsten light.

Take a lot of photos. It wouldn’t be crazy to take 50 and keep 1, or even worse keeper ratios, especially if your new to composition and lighting.

Alternative; send some to me, I’m a hobbyist photographer too!

I would say to try and shoot from “chip level” a little more. Not as many downward facing shots.... hard I know especially if angling over a rail... try moving the chips to one side and setting your phone right on the felt.

Also, try to use a big open window behind you as natural light, it’s more flattering than a camera flash or tungsten light.

Take a lot of photos. It wouldn’t be crazy to take 50 and keep 1, or even worse keeper ratios, especially if your new to composition and lighting.

Alternative; send some to me, I’m a hobbyist photographer too!

I agree. I think I need to take them to the kitchen table. Best lighting in the house.

Buying black poster board to set the chips on and also as a backdrop also really makes the chips pop off of the black background as opposed to your table/counter surface

Last edited:
Bill I can work with anything. If you like the pics I can use them as is although I would agree that maybe a background wold work or natural lighting so the background does not wash out in the darkness.

David

I'll try again early next week. ill bring them upstairs for better lighting.

Careful cropping shots with the edges of chips just barely hanging off, give em a little breathing room in the frame haha

Bring these to All-In at the Alamo - rumor has it there will be a photog or two there (y) :thumbsup:

Bring these to All-In at the Alamo - rumor has it there will be a photog or two there (y) :thumbsup:

Dude, I'd love to come out. David is a great guy. It was awesome meeting him in Atlanta. I hate missing the opportunity to meet you, Pat, and a few of the other southern PCF'ers!!!

I can't pull it off. I would if I could :(

If your chips are good enough for the calendar, then the photography skills shouldn't matter that much. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO::p:D

Lol totally kidding.

Can we just have @Ray-Col do renders of our sets for the calendar? That way we all will have the same lighting and background? Partially kidding but...

Lighting is always the main key and works best with 2 to 3 lights. Main front light (soft) and side fill light are essential. I also like a back top key light if possible.

prod-phorography.jpg

If your chips are good enough for the calendar, then the photography skills shouldn't matter that much. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO::p:D

Lol totally kidding.

Can we just have @Ray-Col do renders of our sets for the calendar? That way we all will have the same lighting and background? Partially kidding but...
Anyone know what happened to him?

Bill, what happened to Paulo doing your shots?

BTW I think your pics are great and would work perfectly for the calendar.

Bill, what happened to Paulo doing your shots?

BTW I think your pics are great and would work perfectly for the calendar.

he is my back up plan. I start vacation in a few hours so I'll hab2e tone to retty this one more time. if I'm not happy with the results Paulo has offered to assist.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom