SOLD Black Friday Sale (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, these chips are great. I played with them in a tournament yesterday and got a lot of compliments. The only thing I don't like about them is the blending/dirty stack when paired with the 100's in low lighting.
I can see that but by the pip difference I can tell easy. Both great chips.

Finally received my low limit set....as pictured by others the 1's and 5's are essentially new with the 5's maybe seeing brief single use to none.....the 1's look totally new....the 25-100-500-1000 are grungey and I could honestly smell the chips before opening them out of the white boxes on opening the outer box on receipt.

Here is a picture of the 1000/500 rack notice the grime....there is hope however as the 1000's turned out awesome after some ultrasonic time. (palmolive, course salt and tap water at 42 celcius....45 seconds then scrub with a child toothbrush and wipe with an old sock.....then 30 seconds more....rinse and dry....here is the result.

o9JhcGD.jpg

Jg2s7Gu.jpg

hUYQD3I.jpg

Pre-Ultrasonic
KewCwBx.jpg

side by side, clean on left
wN4zSaw.jpg

Post-Ultrasonic
bH3OYyr.jpg

The results are night and day, ultrasonic all the way

20 chips down 380 to go (thankfully the 1's and 5's are new)

Anyone having issues with their shipments?

I got 1800 chips on BF which was 2 mfrbs, one arrived a week ago, the other has been stuck in LA for a bit over a week showing no updates. Hasn’t been that long yet so I’m not especially worried but seems weird that two boxes got shipped together and one is MIA.

I got 1800 chips on BF which was 2 mfrbs, one arrived a week ago, the other has been stuck in LA for a bit over a week showing no updates. Hasn’t been that long yet so I’m not especially worried but seems weird that two boxes got shipped together and one is MIA.
It wasn’t chips but I just had 2 MFRBs shipped at the same time from the same place and they arrived a few days apart. I’m sure it’s just because of the time of year.

Same, I have a box still in LA. That time of year.

I just had 2 MFRB shipped to me from across the county a week ago (Monday), same location/time. One arrived (unexpectedly?) fast two days later (Wednesday), and the other had been in limbo until over the weekend, and should hopefully be delivered today. Not from a TCR purchase, just adding another data point.

I missed that I was waiting for 2 shipments. So picked up one at the post office today, the other one doesn't have any updates since leaving LA 8th of December...

Another thing, I didn't realize/remember that Jack $5s had GO versions as well so now I have 14 GO chips I can't murder. I remembered to buy 20 extra 25s at least.

After two weeks of being stuck in LA without updates my box has officially… been processed in LA. On the up side, with the new variant related paranoia I won’t be able to use them for a while anyways.

Sorry for the crappy picture my phone is trash, but you know what's not trash?..... these chips!!!

Got these for no reason, don't have a use for them but for the price I just had to buy them. I am a hot stamp lover, sorry not sorry.

Gave them a bath and straightened a few of the reds and there you have it. I guess I can use them for my micro stakes family game. We have been using red for nickels and greens for quarters for decades so the fact that they are NCV will not bother anyone.

At around 50c per chip I feel like I stole them, Jim @TheChipRoom Rocks!!!

20211218_183041.jpg

Sorry for the crappy picture my phone is trash, but you know what's not trash?..... these chips!!!

Got these for no reason, don't have a use for them but for the price I just had to buy them. I am a hot stamp lover, sorry not sorry.

Gave them a bath and straightened a few of the reds and there you have it. I guess I can use them for my micro stakes family game. We have been using red for nickels and greens for quarters for decades so the fact that they are NCV will not bother anyone.

View attachment 831569
Can those be labeled without milling?

They are very cool and I do like the hot stamps though I’d prefer denoms on them. If I bought, I’d want to label them preferably without milling and destroying the hot stamps, but just wondering how overlabeling hotstamps end up. Thanks for answering my questions everyone!

is there a theead on the water/oil method? I see it everywhere but cant find the process. I cannot be hard be having an idea of the amount of oil required and just a confirmation of the approach would be nice. thx!

View attachment 831569
what is the color of the 't1000'? orange? blaze? else?

View attachment 831569
I got 1/2 your order. I love them, going to mill and turn into a cash set. For the price, a really nice set!

Actually if you go to Apache poker and read their directions I followed those and it worked out perfectly.

Probably yes, but I would be hesitant of deeper stamps showing through the labels, or being able to be felt
And the recess is shallow so you may see some slight spinners

Over labeling hot stamps can have mixed results, I'd say generally would NOT recommend. These were purchased with the over label already on. It's a pretty deep stamp (and I am looking for more, any color - see signature).

GL

full

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom