Bitcoin crash coming (5 Viewers)

Finally had time to put all my coins into an app on my phone to give me percentages of holdings:

Bitcoin BTC - 56.54%
Ethereum ETH - 16.23%
Litecoin LTC - 10.52%
USD - 7.81%
EOS - 2.27%
NEO - 2.04%
Monero XMR - 1.13%
DASH - 0.8%
Verge XVG - 0.71%
Ripple XRP - 0.63%
Cardano ADA - 0.59%
IOTA - 0.44%
VeChain VEN - 0.28%

So glad I have over 5 litecoins right now, jumping quite a bit and bitcoin on the rise again. ETH not doing much at the moment.

What do you guys think LTC is going to cap out at?

Have some BTC set for staggered selling:

0.1 at $10,300 (it hit so sold and converted to USD)

0.1 at $11,450

0.1 at $12,200

Took the USD and scooped up more ETH while it's lower, except we'll see that climb again as well

So I held some ZLC and decided to sell half before fork to cash out investment and took profit after the shitstorm that brewed as my initial plan was to hold everything through fork. Very curious to see where BTCP is headed in the next few days/months and see if I made the right decision.

Did anyone buy dat ? lol

putincoin.PNG

What's a solid, robust, low-cost exchange? I'm on coinbase, have been for years, but their fees seem to go up every new day.

Managed to sell my BTC off at $8700 when I heard about Google banning crypto ads and knew it would cause a downswing.

Looking forward to buying it as it gets cheaper and picking up more BTC with the same funds. Anyone have thoughts on what they think the bottom will be this time?

It was interesting this morning watching the buys and sells on GDAX, someone selling over 15 Bitcoins in one swoop, someone else buying over 12 at a time, must be nice lol

Even with BTC down this much I still made $1300 last month mining speculative coins :) If BTC was $18k I would have made almost $4k last month :eek:

The 2017 tax deadline is almost upon us. Very early results indicate almost no filings reporting crypto currency earnings vs estimates of $25,000,000,000 in taxable earnings.

I want to implore people to properly report their crypto currency earnings and pay the associated taxes. It would be tempting to think the government isn't able to track your trades / mining efforts and thus will not be able to know about any tax evasion. That is a bet I wouldn't take.

The government knows enough to know to look hard for tens of billions of unpaid taxes and they have a reasonable idea of where to look. Cash flows into / out of a crypto securities exchange is an invitation to an audit. The exchanges themselves are on the hook for failure to file 1099's and for failure to follow regulations about "knowing their customers" < i.e. things like collecting proof of identity, social security numbers, verifying names and addresses. > Exchanges are going to face overwhelming pressure to disclose the identities of their customers.

It will be years before you hear from the taxing authorities. Often people think they are free and clear, only to find 2020 comes with an audit notice or worse. The civil and criminal penalties are potentially quite severe. Please don't court disaster.

Pay what you own now -=- DrStrange

PS I especially encourage people who disclose their earnings in public forums to properly pay their taxes, whatever the jurisdiction you live in. Your screen name isn't going to hide your identity vs a serious inquiry.

Hey @DrStrange do you know what the statute of limitations are on this type of failure to report is? Is there some finite time they can audit?

Edit: never mind. One response up!

I am neither a lawyer nor tax accountant. If in doubt, get professional advice.

I can't begin to guess about the rules for state and local taxes. Same thing for foreign taxes.

In the USA, regarding federal income taxes, there is a three year statute of limitations for civil taxes, based on the original filing deadline. So for 2017 taxes that would be April 17th 2021. There is a seven year statute of limitations for criminal penalties. Sometimes the government "barters" an extension of the civil statute of limitations in exchange for agreeing not to make criminal charges.

If a tax payer doesn't file at all, there are no limits to how far back the tax authorities can reach. I don't know if this means failure to file a return or failure to file a schedule on a return.

DrStrange

The 2017 tax deadline is almost upon us.

PS I especially encourage people who disclose their earnings in public forums to properly pay their taxes, whatever the jurisdiction you live in. Your screen name isn't going to hide your identity vs a serious inquiry.

Just getting this on record then, I lost about $123,000 in cryptos last year.......

Seriously though, it’s not taxable earnings until you actually cash out and realize profit is it?

If you just buy and hold the same crypto security, things are fine. No income to pay taxes on, no deduction for "paper" losses.

If you trade one crypto currency for another, then there are potentially taxable earnings / losses.

If you sell a crypto currency for cash then you have a taxable event. It is not important if you purchase crypto securities at a later date unless you are claiming a tax loss ( where the wash sale rules might apply - get professional advice.)

If you are running a mining rig, you will need to file a return showing the gains / losses less any expenses incurred. How to do this isn't obvious, I recommend getting professional advice. If the amounts involved are small - I would file it on schedule C as self employment income rather than pay for professional advice.

If you are trading enough to gain / lose $100,000+ in a year, please consult a tax professional. Especially so if you had prior years where you gained similar amounts.

Yeah, I have a little over 5 ETH and my avg buy price is in the 800's so really happy to see it climbing again.

Managed to sell off a lot of other coins at a profit, but ETH has def been my poorest performer

it's my dog also... sold some lite coin just to take a little profit

Bitcoin over 9700 right now, will be interesting to see if it can break out past the 10K resistance mark, if so we should see it continue climbing into the 12K range. The bulls have it right now moving in a great direction, hoping the trend continues.

ETH keeps flirting around the 700 mark, but I need it to grow a decent bit more given what I paid.

Excited to see it close to 10k again. Mining rewards are back up, several of my alt coins are starting to gain value again after losing 70-80% and the bull is returning. Life this week has been good. Better than the red sea that was Jan-Mar.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom