Bitcoin crash coming (3 Viewers)

I'm using Nicehash. It can be $60/day at one point then $45/day another, the more cards you add the greater the discrepancies can be... my stats page said $36/day 10 minutes ago, I just refreshed and it's $43 now... nicehash is changing algorithms very often right now...

Did you run the

Quick
Standard
Precise

benchmarking when you set it up? I used Precise so maybe it's able to better adjust the coins it mines with my rigs?

Wanted to pickup 1 ETH at $1043 but they were going to include a $10 fee. Bought four batches of 0.28 ETH instead and only paid a $2 transaction fee for each so saved a couple bucks.

I think ETH is definitely going to see more growth this year. Can't wait to see how the lightning network changes things with Bitcoin

Do you have updated graphics card drivers?

What are your cards mining *right* now, profit and algorithm?

I ask because my 1070 is down to ~$3/day profitability, so your 1080 would be closer to $4.50... and your 1060 closer to $2.50... totalling $7/day is my guess :)

Last edited:
On the 25th my payment was .00132373 bitcoin and bitcoin at the time was $11,265. So my payment was around $14.91 which was from two days of mining so $7.45/day. However, that's also part-time as we shut down the miners when we're playing games so if they were running full-time we would've been around the $9/day mark.

The market just dipped so of course it's reduced the return starting last night. Looks like it's using Equihash and Lyra2REv2 this morning

Love this thread. Helps reinforce the fundamentals.

Just bought Bitcoin when the price was $9600 since it's dipping this morning. Planning to sell when it rises back to 10400 or so

Just bought Bitcoin when the price was $9600 since it's dipping this morning. Planning to sell when it rises back to 10400 or so

So I wake up, price is 9400. By the time I purchase the price has been swinging back up to 9600. Now it's 9100, lol. Onboard the rollercoaster, WHEEEE!

you sure you don't mean if.. ;)

i-want-to-believe-x-files-poster.jpg

Please be careful out there. This sort of moment is a time of great peril / opportunity depending on how the future unfolds. Bitcoin is off over 50% from its high just a few weeks ago. It might be a huge bargain - Half price! Or it could be like trying to catch a falling knife.

Be cautious about exposing more money than you hoped to because the crypto currencies are so "cheap". It can be easy to double up your investment now and then do it again at $2,500 / bitcoin. I could say the same thing about redoubling an investment in a mining rig. Investors commonly get over committed to things headed towards zero in the heat of the moment. (and on the other hand, they panic and sell too quickly, though I have a hard time taking that point of view with a crypto currency )

Think twice before putting more money in play once you hit your personal limits.

Been there, done that, have the scars to prove it -=- DrStrange

Please be careful out there. This sort of moment is a time of great peril / opportunity depending on how the future unfolds. Bitcoin is off over 50% from its high just a few weeks ago. It might be a huge bargain - Half price! Or it could be like trying to catch a falling knife.

Be cautious about exposing more money than you hoped to because the crypto currencies are so "cheap". It can be easy to double up your investment now and then do it again at $2,500 / bitcoin. I could say the same thing about redoubling an investment in a mining rig. Investors commonly get over committed to things headed towards zero in the heat of the moment. (and on the other hand, they panic and sell too quickly, though I have a hard time taking that point of view with a crypto currency )

Think twice before putting more money in play once you hit your personal limits.

Been there, done that, have the scars to prove it -=- DrStrange

Translated: Don't gamble what you cannot afford to lose

I bought my Bitcoin at $435 and my Ether at $90. Sold at $2700 when I bought my house and tried to buy back in at $3500 but couldn't get it to go through until $9k, so bought back in at $9k and bought. Then I sold at $17k to wait for it to come back down. Today, I bought back into to Ether at about $630.

I bought my Bitcoin at $435 and my Ether at $90. Sold at $2700 when I bought my house and tried to buy back in at $3500 but couldn't get it to go through until $9k, so bought back in at $9k and bought. Then I sold at $17k to wait for it to come back down. Today, I bought back into to Ether at about $630.

This sounds like a textbook momentum trade, and timing things like this consistently, or at all, is virtually impossible. Good for you to harvest those profits when you could.

Speculation is high risk, so I hope everyone is being careful and having reasonable expectations.

Figured with the popularity of fantasy sports there was potential for folks to do something similar with the crypto market, allowing members to pick their coins and compete to see who does the best in a fantasy draft setting.

Picked up the following:

.COM

DraftKingsCrypto
CryptoFantasyDraft
CryptoFanDual
FantasyCryptoDraft
FanDualCrypto

.NET

MyFantasyCrypto
FantasyCryptoLeague
CryptoFantasyLeague

Thoughts?

Kinda depends when you bought in though. It may have lost half of its value in the last few months but some people bought bit coins for less than $100/ea.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom