Bitcoin crash coming (2 Viewers)

People are quick to point out the shortcomings of bitcoin but may not be aware of some of the problems with USD and other national fiat currencies. With all the stimulus packages and new money being printed out of thin air there will be a future devaluation of USD buying power. When new money is printed every existing dollar is automatically worth less. This is one of the main selling points for me when it comes to bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies. There is a fixed number of bitcoin and there can't be more produced once the final block is mined.

If I had to put all my savings into BTC or USD for the next 10 years I would choose BTC and it would be an easy decision.

Since Lebanon is in the news recently I heard on one of the newscasts that they recently lost 80% of the buying power of their local currency. It is yet another example of why you want to own a currency that is not tied to an economy or political system.

Just a heads up for anyone that has used Uniswap prior to Sept. 1 that you are able to claim 400 UNI for free as of yesterday morning. This was worth $1,200 when it dropped and ~$2,400 as of this moment. If you had SOCKS, you'll get 1,000 UNI or currently $6,000. Even if you had a failed transaction on the chain you're able to claim it. Those with more than one wallet, can claim for all of them. Just a heads up you need a little ETH in your account to claim and gas fees have been high since this dropped.

https://uniswap.org/blog/uni/

Happy Friday!
Except for @Breich whose first transaction was 12 hours after the deadline. Ouch!

Had 5 uniswap accounts, was a good payday!

I saw a post from Jeff Kirdeikis who got an airdrop for 35k UNI. Nothing like getting 100k dropped to you. He said he dumped them all yesterday or that would've been another 100k today!

This might interest you. https://koinos.io/

Certainly not trying to be a hater. However, my 2c is that most of the other cyrptos out there are kinda sketchy and some are outright scams. I am pretty much just a believer in BTC right now. That doesn't mean other good cryptos can't come along but a big part of it is getting to a critical mass of adoption which BTC has already achieved.

Last edited:
People buying up alt coins again.

I have heard that the price of alts including ETH follows what is going on with BTC which makes sense. When BTC is hot everything else in the crypto world gets hot as well. I have no interest in complete speculation in buying alt coins no one has heard of and no one uses in the hope that one of them somehow supplants BTC. There is some interesting functionality with ETH that offers smart contracts which is something unique over and above what is already available with BTC. A new up and coming crypto needs to offer some unique features not already offered within BTC or ETH to stand a chance. Otherwise the big two BTC / ETH will have something like 95%+ of the crypto market indefinitely. The remaining 5% is comparable to the penny stocks market which pretty much only exists for speculators to try and get rich quick.

I also wouldn't recommend buying anything right now. People not savvy to BTC / ETH may not realize we are close to reaching all time highs. If you buy BTC at 18k you could be waiting a long time to break even if the price goes back down to 10-12k and sits there for a year or two. On the flipside BTC could hit 100k sometime in 2021 no one knows. IMO 18-20k remains a high water mark for 2020/2021.

Something interesting to think about is that BTC was down as low as 4k/5k in March during the initial COVID scare. This kind of shows how much money in BTC is/was pure speculation. When the price of BTC starts slipping and takes a down turn it will plummet low again. That is the time to buy. New low might mean something like 10k which was an old high number lol.

Just my take on the crypto landscape right now.

Still kicking myself for selling all my BTC at around $
13,000 which seemed crazy high at that time lulz. Now I am just itching to buy again as soon as the price dips hard.

Last edited:
Get your XRP here - get your XRP here - read all about it - hot as fire - read all about it! Woot woot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom