Best position vs empty stack (tournament)? (1 Viewer)

Gameface

Two Pair
Reaction score
I'm thinking there is an advantage to sitting right next to an empty stack, but I'm not sure if it's better to sit to their right or their left?

I'm thinking about it because in the tournament I play the host encourages players to pre-pay via paypal and gives them a bonus for it. With a pre-pay the stack is live all game even if they never show up, but I think it might give too much of an advantage to either the player to the empty stack's left or right or both.

Advantage is to the left, so that when folded around, you collect the blinds, or you effectively get to be the button twice.

We don't deal cards to empty chairs, so nobody gets an advantage. Both blinds are pulled from the stack when the button skips over 'em.

Advantage is to the left, so that when folded around, you collect the blinds, or you effectively get to be the button twice.

We don't deal cards to empty chairs, so nobody gets an advantage. Both blinds are pulled from the stack when the button skips over 'em.

Pulled and taken out of play?

I sat down at a tournament once and the were 4 empty stacks to my right. It was stupid for like 40 minutes.
You definitely want empty stacks on your left.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom