Barrington poker table thread (20 Viewers)

Just arrived: a Barrington table carry bag found by @MrBoosh! Tracking down a bag that makes a Barrington easier to move around has been on my radar for a while. With this bag, it was pretty easy to slip my arm through the handles and carry the table on my hip - much better than even the handles I installed on the end of the table.

tl;dr if you have a Barrington that you move around when not in play, this could be a GREAT option!

bc3fc961-f746-4e64-8394-d966eeea2132-jpeg.1101321

Just arrived: a Barrington table carry bag found by @MrBoosh! Tracking down a bag that makes a Barrington easier to move around has been on my radar for a while. With this bag, it was pretty easy to slip my arm through the handles and carry the table on my hip - much better than even the handles I installed on the end of the table.

tl;dr if you have a Barrington that you move around when not in play, this could be a GREAT option!

Need the link!

This bag works great for regular sized Barrington tables but the ESPN tables are a little thicker when closed due to the LED lights and they will not fit in this bag unfortunately.

This bag works great for regular sized Barrington tables but the ESPN tables are a little thicker when closed due to the LED lights and they will not fit in this bag unfortunately.
Will it fit in the bag button really tightly or will it not even go in the bag? The ESPN table

Thanks

Will it fit in the bag button really tightly or will it not even go in the bag? The ESPN table

Thanks
@Rome had purchased one of the bags for his ESPN table and was unable to get it into the bag. The measurements on a standard Barrington when closed is about 5.5 inches.
20230310_232259.jpg

An ESPN table is just a little wider probably due to the LED lights added to the design of the table. So it will not fit in the bag. The ESPN table graphics on their ads show it is 5 inches when closed but this is not true.

s-l400 (1).jpg

@Rome had purchased one of the bags for his ESPN table and was unable to get it into the bag. The measurements on a standard Barrington when closed is about 5.5 inches.
View attachment 1101806

An ESPN table is just a little wider probably due to the LED lights added to the design of the table. So it will not fit in the bag. The ESPN table graphics on their ads show it is 5 inches when closed but this is not true.

View attachment 1101807
Thanks for the reply I bought one of those bags but the espn table is at someone else’s house so I was just going to return it

View attachment 1101807

It is weird that it has incorrect dimensions listed. I measured again and without compressing the rails its 6.5" thick. The bag idea is perfect because yes it helps carrying but also adds storage protection. I have searched for a couple hours to find another option and none seem to exist for folding poker tables but this one bag unfortunately.

Are you saying this Kulamoon version is “junk”?
If so, why (other than MDF vs plywood… even the ESPN table has MDF)?

No, the Kulamoon appears to be ok. I saw some others where the reviewer showed pics of their table and it didn't look good.

Look at the reviews in these:

https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pdp/acem-905-10-player-rubberwood-poker-table-aemb1038.html?piid=

https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pdp/acem-838-10-player-rubberwood-poker-table-aemb1037.html?piid=

I just switched out the default cupholders with deeper cupholders. (Dang, those old ones are sharp!) Has anyone found a use for the shallow ones?

I've redone a couple of those table types for friends, and it's a real PITA. Easiest way to get a new playing surface is to make a fitted insert (1/4" MDF) with padding/felt and just set it in place on top of the existing table (inside the rail circumference). You lose rail depth, but trying to do anything else is usually much more than you bargained for.

The construction techniques used on those tables are typically designed to be quick and very inexpensive (aka often shoddy), making disassembly extremely difficult and almost impossible to do without destroying something. Often the outer edge of the rail covering is stapled/glued to the underside of the table, and then wrapped up, over, and back under the rail top and is also stapled/glued to the table top under the rail, if that makes sense (and actually constructed in reverse order). Some rails aren't even really fully wrapped at all, but just have vinyl on two sides with the playing surface glued on top of the vinyl (which is glued/stapled to the table). Difficult to describe without corresponding pics, but once you discover how they're done during disassembly, it's a combination of OMG and WTF. Bottom line: the rail generally doesn't come off of the table unless you destroy it, so easily getting down to just the playing surface felt isn't feasible.

After repairing the second one, I decided it's not worth the effort/cost. I just consider them disposable tables -- cheap, functional for awhile, and when they break or need repair, just throw 'em away. Similar to War Games, the only winning move is not to play buy.
glad i came across this post

Got my Barrington yesterday (full price from Amazon, not Wayfair☹️). I've searched through dozens of pages of Barrington and topper threads, but wanted answers to 2 specific questions.

I laid my @rjdev7 topper (thicker one from last fall group buy) directly on the stock felt and noticed there's lots of give underneath. To the point the topper bunches up if you press and drag too hard. I would imagine it's even worse with a thinner topper. Has anyone removed the felt and padding and placed the topper directly on the table surface? How about removal and replacement with some other padding? Thoughts on this?

My other question is about the cup holders. Does anyone have a link or a site you purchased from. I want to keep the same diameter but go deeper. It sounds like there are some that are basically flush with the underside of the table after using a hole saw to cut through. That's what I'm looking for.

Thanks for any feedback.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230426_170744_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230426_170744_Gallery.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 143
Got my Barrington yesterday (full price from Amazon, not Wayfair☹️). I've searched through dozens of pages of Barrington and topper threads, but wanted answers to 2 specific questions.

I laid my @rjdev7 topper (thicker one from last fall group buy) directly on the stock felt and noticed there's lots of give underneath. To the point the topper bunches up if you press and drag too hard. I would imagine it's even worse with a thinner topper. Has anyone removed the felt and padding and placed the topper directly on the table surface? How about removal and replacement with some other padding? Thoughts on this?

My other question is about the cup holders. Does anyone have a link or a site you purchased from. I want to keep the same diameter but go deeper. It sounds like there are some that are basically flush with the underside of the table after using a hole saw to cut through. That's what I'm looking for.

Thanks for any feedback.
I bought these cups and they were a yuuuuge improvement. Fits tumblers, most rocks glasses and others. These are a wider diameter. I used the hole saw then used a rubber mallet and wood block to seat them since the hole was an exact fit.

Yuanhe 10 Jumbo Stainless Steel... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0789HG6NW?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom