Barrington poker table thread (30 Viewers)

Oh so just go all the way through. I see. Did you get the Walmart cup holders then? Wonder if I can get them anywhere else
You can get them all over the place... But Walmart had the best price at the time.

eBay would probably be a good resource too.

What type of glue did you guys use to glue the cup holders down?
I didn't use any either to make for easy cleaning. I built a "cradle" for them with two blocks of wood with a flat piece of wood between them (on the underside of the table) to 1) prevent them from being pushed through and 2) I put velcro on the bottom of the cup holder and the "cradle" to prevent them from being pulled up.

Ok, thanks. I will skip the glue and see how well I get them to fit inside the hole. Is something underneath the cup holder necessary? Will the cup holder push through towards the floor without a support underneath?

Ok, thanks. I will skip the glue and see how well I get them to fit inside the hole. Is something underneath the cup holder necessary? Will the cup holder push through towards the floor without a support underneath?
The holes they drill into the plywood of the armrest are significantly larger than the holes they cut in the foam. This means there's not much support underneath the foam so I felt it was necessary to add something additional. See the photos below for what I did. Doing so did require I cut the end part of the legs that come into the contact with the table itself (see white caps) in order to fit the 4 cup holder "cradles" that overlap the leg support bars.
]
9651C5A8-129C-41C1-84AA-B6D3E2112C17.jpeg
3AE1AE0B-53AC-460C-BC1C-DB43E2B8D19B.jpeg

The ones that Moxie Mike and I are using the lip is solid enough that it can't be pulled through unless the hole is way too big

The ones that Moxie Mike and I are using the lip is solid enough that it can't be pulled through unless the hole is way too big
Do you know if any of the holes are as big as the one I pictured? Looking at the ones Moxie bought and the ones I bought, I'd be surprised if there's any significant difference in design/size/materials (I actually bought 3 types and used the ones with the largest lip) so maybe I went overboard but when building I always over do it and live by "better safe than sorry" :D

Moxie's - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Trademark-Poker-Lot-Of-10-Stainless-Steel-Cup-Holders/21070419
One's I used - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075R88TGN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Conclusion: you can add support in after the fact easy enough so just do the replacement and if you feel the need to add more support, do it:tup:

^^ Easy to add a support or glue rather than add material to a hole you just cut too big
Just to clarify, the large holes in the armrest are pre-cut by the manufacturer and the cradles as opposed to glue, were done so you have the option remove the cup holders if you want.

So I am starting my Barrington table upgrade today. :) So far I have removed the old cup holders and drilled holes for new cup holders. They used a ton of glue on those old cup holders! :banghead: Just purchased clips to hold the new speed cloth in place. I ended up going with midnight blue from TPS. I will post an updated picture after completion.
62CA7F09-6434-4B06-8FA0-47C54D72284D.jpeg

Ok so it’s finally done after a few hours. Not perfect by any means but overall not too bad. I’m glad I didn’t spend the extra money on an electric stapler. The handheld heavy duty Stanley stapler worked very well. This is a project that anyone can do so don’t be afraid to upgrade your table! Thanks for all the helpful comments that made this upgrade a breeze. :tup:
17378C22-E0A8-4703-842A-E0BDFBEB5092.jpeg
61805B19-6317-4797-8DC4-17745724A194.jpeg
9C317D3A-7859-4BF1-BD29-0EBAFE24D0F7.jpeg

Ok so it’s finally done after a few hours. Not perfect by any means but overall not too bad. I’m glad I didn’t spend the extra money on an electric stapler. The handheld heavy duty Stanley stapler worked very well. This is a project that anyone can do so don’t be afraid to upgrade your table! Thanks for all the helpful comments that made this upgrade a breeze. :tup:
View attachment 402606View attachment 402607View attachment 402608

You did the cup holders as well?

Finished my upgrade yesterday, very happy with the upgrade but can't add much to the prior "how-to" comments.

Table was a score at $120. I added about $60 in volara & knock-off SSC and the cup holders were from my first, scrapped, table build.

20200204_144602.jpg

Consider you may have to add some padding to the table. In original condition the playing surface and padding on the table I purchased was incredibly slack and billowy. Had it not been an upgrade project it would have been a return for refund.

Easier to see the degree in the picture with the original felt removed. In real life it was only slightly mitigated by the felt.

20200103_154943.jpg

C 12292019 10 high.jpg

I picked up a 84" cover from Casin4You because this table will remain set up in the shop.

20200204_144947.jpg

Best advice in this thread deserves iteration: label the parts! Especially beneficial if, like me, you are easily distracted and let this sit a couple weeks between dis-assembly and re-assembly :rolleyes:

Finished my upgrade yesterday, very happy with the upgrade but can't add much to the prior "how-to" comments.

Table was a score at $120. I added about $60 in volara & knock-off SSC and the cup holders were from my first, scrapped, table build.

View attachment 403044

Consider you may have to add some padding to the table. In original condition the playing surface and padding on the table I purchased was incredibly slack and billowy. Had it not been an upgrade project it would have been a return for refund.

Easier to see the degree in the picture with the original felt removed. In real life it was only slightly mitigated by the felt.

View attachment 403042

View attachment 403050

I picked up a 84" cover from Casin4You because this table will remain set up in the shop.

View attachment 403046

Best advice in this thread deserves iteration: label the parts! Especially beneficial if, like me, you are easily distracted and let this sit a couple weeks between dis-assembly and re-assembly :rolleyes:
Looks great! I like the black cup holders

Mine has been apart for months. I think it was also smart to use ABC on one side and 123 on the other half. But time will tell if that was correct.

Mine has been apart for months. I think it was also smart to use ABC on one side and 123 on the other half. But time will tell if that was correct.
Def a good idea. I marked mine left and right with each rail marked L1,L2,L3,R1,R2,R3. Rails went back on no problem. Just make sure to tighten them down enough so cards don’t slide underneath them. I had to adjust a few spots that were allowing cards to slide underneath.

Def a good idea. I marked mine left and right with each rail marked L1,L2,L3,R1,R2,R3. Rails went back on no problem. Just make sure to tighten them down enough so cards don’t slide underneath them. I had to adjust a few spots that were allowing cards to slide underneath.
I didn’t want to question which side of the I was standing on to determine L & R. :)
I also labeled the legs in a similar fashion.

I didn’t want to question which side of the I was standing on to determine L & R. :)
I also labeled the legs in a similar fashion.
Haha yea I see what you mean. Name of label didn’t matter as long as they matched up in the end lol

View attachment 403044

View attachment 403042

View attachment 403050

View attachment 403046

Very nice. I'm eyeing one of these Barrington tables and I didnt think I'd need to do any upgrades, but all of these look so nice. Need to gain some confidence in my DIY skills.

Very nice. I'm eyeing one of these Barrington tables and I didnt think I'd need to do any upgrades, but all of these look so nice. Need to gain some confidence in my DIY skills.
You can do it! All you really need is a staple gun, scissors and a Phillips head screwdriver and you can upgrade it. A power drill def makes the job way easier but can be done without. Keep us posted if you decide to make the upgrade! :tup:

@Buge is right. Incredibly easy. It's a great starter project and upgrading the cloth makes a WORLD of difference. Night and day.

Anyone still have their shallow cup holders maybe taking up space?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom