Barrington poker table thread (30 Viewers)

replacing the cloth with SSC on one of these is my project for later today. appreciate the info and pics in this thread!

Last edited:
and done! pretty straightforward project, as others have mentioned the hardest part was lining up the pattern in the middle.

20200216_135823.jpg
20200216_141407.jpg
20200216_141414.jpg
20200216_143800.jpg
20200216_152134.jpg
20200216_164811.jpg
20200216_171353.jpg
20200216_171711.jpg

Nice job! Put some new cup holders in there if you can. It makes a huge difference

i probably will at some point, i actually already own a 2.75" hole saw. i haven't looked yet, but i would like to find black instead of silver cupholders if i am going to upgrade.

Finally was able to get away with picking up a Barrington. This is an odd one in that it has a printed hard top and then the felt lies on top. Which is fine for now as my kids are young and there will be spills. Then I'll re-felt it when I can. The opposite side of the poker felt is blackjack. It's also only a 6 foot which is the biggest that will fit the room.

Without topper felt:

20200326_194047.jpg

With topper felt:

20200326_175857.jpg

I need to get off my duff and start on this! Should be a good project while we're still locked up

It’s really pretty straight forward. Only a few hours if you are doing it solo, and less if you have some help.

(By the way, didn’t you start this thread nearly 2 years ago???) o_O

just ordered these guys: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06W2JBLJJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and the drill attachment. looking forward to the deeper cup holders. last time we played we had 2 drink spills :banghead:

some random questions for people:

• instead of folding up the table, i just leave mine out. would this put extra stress on the wire?
  • i noticed where the table folds the fabric is a little loose. nothing crazy, but bothers me. has this happened with anyone else? worth it to try and tighten it?

John,
  • I've left mine out in my basement for several months now and I'm not seeing any issues yet.
  • If you have the stock fabric on, I'd replace with a different surface.
    • If you've already replaced it with SSC or other, I was able to remove the hinges, pull tight, restaple, and reinstall the hinges.

John,
  • I've left mine out in my basement for several months now and I'm not seeing any issues yet.
  • If you have the stock fabric on, I'd replace with a different surface.
    • If you've already replaced it with SSC or other, I was able to remove the hinges, pull tight, restaple, and reinstall the hinges.

yep, i put SSC on it. was hoping i could avoid taking the hinges off again. was a bit of a pain lol or maybe it was all of the rails

just ordered these guys: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06W2JBLJJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and the drill attachment. looking forward to the deeper cup holders. last time we played we had 2 drink spills :banghead:

• instead of folding up the table, i just leave mine out. would this put extra stress on the wire?
  • i noticed where the table folds the fabric is a little loose. nothing crazy, but bothers me. has this happened with anyone else? worth it to try and tighten it?

Just received my new cup holders and will be putting them in this week.

Question for others who replaced cup holders - did anyone attempt jumbo size? I see a few styles where they would just be too deep and not allow the table to fold up without having to remove them. For the record, I order standard size, but these jumbos seem like they would not be too deep for the Barrington - https://amzn.to/308Zq9I

1591132040583.png

Thoughts???

reminds me i need to order these too. this has probably been asked/answered, but can they accommodate a regular pint glass?

regarding folding, my table (with cover) has become my work from home desk for the time being, so it has been unfolded/set up since i bought it, and used daily since mid-march. i don't think there is any concern with stress on the wire.

reminds me i need to order these too. this has probably been asked/answered, but can they accommodate a regular pint glass?

Standard cans and bottles - no problem. For a standard pint glass, I'd say "sort of." The glass fits in partially, but does not reach the bottom of the cup holder, allowing for a little instability (aka, it can wobble).

1591203709066.png

Standard cans and bottles - no problem. For a standard pint glass, I'd say "sort of." The glass fits in partially, but does not reach the bottom of the cup holder, allowing for a little instability (aka, it can wobble).

View attachment 470044

nice comparison. for the pint glass, is it "spill-able"... which is what I want to avoid.

View attachment 470044

thanks for doing this - the pint glass still looks like it would be safer than in the stock cupholders.

nice comparison. for the pint glass, is it "spill-able"... which is what I want to avoid.

The pint glass isn't coming out of the cup holder with a tap or bump. But, if it's full, liquid could spill over the lip of the glass. I don't think you have to worry about a fully knocked over glass though (unless your crew is a bit more rowdy).

The pint glass isn't coming out of the cup holder with a tap or bump. But, if it's full, liquid could spill over the lip of the glass. I don't think you have to worry about a fully knocked over glass though (unless your crew is a bit more rowdy).

good to know. we had a 2 spills last time, both were bottles. wonder how a solo cup would be? not sure if its the same size as the pint glass.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom