Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Moxie Mike

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you get a chance to measure them, I would appreciate it. Just got black ones for a different table, they were 2 3/4" deep and I like them deep. I would not want to go less than 2 1/2" for the table I'm planning. Thanks.
They're about 2 inches deep.
IMG_20191001_181123.jpg

Fully installed (the cutoff leg is visable in the rear):
IMG_20191001_181013.jpg

IMG_20191001_181113.jpg

Regularjohn

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the responses about the stripped wood. I bought some plastic wood filler from home depot and will re-do that rail after my game on Friday.

Also seeing those cup holders makes me want to do that next.... What kind of drill attachment do you need?

Moxie Mike

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the responses about the stripped wood. I bought some plastic wood filler from home depot and will re-do that rail after my game on Friday.

Also seeing those cup holders makes me want to do that next.... What kind of drill attachment do you need?
This will bore right through and give you a nice clean cut (just make sure you don't run into the tubular legs that are mounted right below 4 of the cupholders):

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-2-3-4-in-Hole-Dozer-Hole-Saw-49-56-9635/202327755

You also need the arbor: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-3-8-in-Quick-Change-Large-Hole-Saw-Arbor-W-Pilot-Drill-Bit-49-56-7250/202256264

Just make sure your drill will accept a 3/8" shank.

Regularjohn

Sitting Out
Reaction score
This will bore right through and give you a nice clean cut (just make sure you don't run into the tubular legs that are mounted right below 4 of the cupholders):

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-2-3-4-in-Hole-Dozer-Hole-Saw-49-56-9635/202327755

You also need the arbor: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-3-8-in-Quick-Change-Large-Hole-Saw-Arbor-W-Pilot-Drill-Bit-49-56-7250/202256264

Just make sure your drill will accept a 3/8" shank.
Nice! Might not be so bad. Do you have to re-staple the felt around the hole you create so the felt still stays tight? And do you cut the felt first or just start drilling?

Moxie Mike

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! Might not be so bad. Do you have to re-staple the felt around the hole you create so the felt still stays tight? And do you cut the felt first or just start drilling?
No. Just remove the stock cupholders and bore through it all. The staples and the rail are plenty to hold the felt in place.

TonZaga

Pair
Reaction score
Decided to get some work done during my vacation time. Fixed one half of the SSC that was originally applied upside down, drilled for new cup holders (thanks @Moxie Mike), and will be installing 10 usb charging ports and mounting a charging station underneath that will plug into an outlet

Attachments

Al Azouri

Pair
Reaction score
Decided to get some work done during my vacation time. Fixed one half of the SSC that was originally applied upside down, drilled for new cup holders (thanks @Moxie Mike), and will be installing 10 usb charging ports and mounting a charging station underneath that will plug into an outlet
Where did you find those USB plugs?

EnjoyLife

3 of a Kind
Reaction score

Beakertwang

4 of a Kind
Tourney Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the consensus on which is better? Is the ESPN $30 better in quality?

Does anyone make a storage case/bag for these tables?
Not sure about a case for these.

The ESPN table is practically the same, except it has a lighted rail. Kind of cool, but I've seen complaints that the lights are too bright. Not worth it for me. YMMV

TonZaga

Pair
Reaction score

I would spend the extra $30 you would save on SSC of your choosing and cup holders. Not sure about the case or bag but someone posted about a handles mod for easier carrying.

TheBigTater

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up. The ESPN table is down to 149.99 right now and the brown felt 10 seater is down to 119.99 on walmart.com
Yep, the 10 player model is down to $116 for pickup, back to almost "worth it" price again. I bet it will drop down a little more in the last few days between now and Xmas.

barrington2.jpg

wonderpuddle

Straight
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The espn felt is slightly more palatable if you aren’t going to refelt. But you should refelt. The lights seem cool but are too bright. I never really use mine except to show new players how annoying the lights are. I’d recommend the regular version.

Top Bottom