Barrie-atric Bet - Win Barrie's Monies (1 Viewer)

April 28th is the final date I believe?
10484941-E48E-4F2A-BF68-09B6363D854B.gif

I obviously lost this bet with Bill and paid him. Not sure why more people didn't just take the free money.

If anyone wants to follow along, I'm also massively losing my next bet with @kmccormick100. There's a couple $1000 at stake, a tattoo, and a trip to Vegas hangs in the balance.

I'm supposed to weigh in once at 235 lbs by eod April Wednesday 24th.

As of March 30th, I was 266.6 lbs.

Join my on my extremely hangry journey to lose 31.6 lbs in 26 days!

Is there a healthy way to do this? Is the bet large enough so it’s worth it to hire a health professional to monitor/guide you? Please don’t potentially permanently damage your health
I mean I’m pretty big lol so the first initial brunt isn’t so hard to lose. And as long as I can even get close, I can do a cut the last 48 hours.

People do huge cuts all the time (of course with medical oversight), I would just be looking at a cut of 10 lbs in 48 hours which would be less than 5% of body weight.

I mean no doubt if I make it or get close it will be a brutal month, but I don’t think it will be death defying per se.

I mean I’m pretty big lol so the first initial brunt isn’t so hard to lose. And as long as I can even get close, I can do a cut the last 48 hours.

People do huge cuts all the time (of course with medical oversight), I would just be looking at a cut of 10 lbs in 48 hours which would be less than 5% of body weight.

I mean no doubt if I make it or get close it will be a brutal month, but I don’t think it will be death defying per se.

Yea I just learned fighters lighter than your current weight can cut ~20lbs in the few days leading up to the fight with a very scientific approach. Never knew it was so much!

Yea I just learned fighters lighter than your current weight can cut ~20lbs in the few days leading up to the fight with a very scientific approach. Never knew it was so much!
I mean it is still brutal, like they obviously have a ton of paid help and are professional athletes and their body is literally withering away :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: If I'm not within about 10 lbs in the final 2 days, I won't do it. That's about the length I'm willing to give it a shot at.

But I'm trying!

I'm weighing in every day. For now, just documenting what I eat trying to be conscientious and trying to get in 2 quick cardio only workouts a day.

It's only been 3 days or so, below is what I was hitting. Each day was weighed sometime in the early morning with only shorts on:

March 30 - 266.6
March 31 - 267.5
April 1 - 262.2
April 2 - 261.6

You're a dude. Skip coffee creamer for a month and you'll lose 25lbs no problem.
Yeah yeah yeah, everyone says that. I think part of the hard part is that I am naturally not a small guy. I.e., me at 270 lbs is obviously mortifying and obese, but I generally would still move well and don't quite look like I'm knocking on deaths door.

Naturally/healthily I would sit at around 220 which is pretty big for my height, so I'm attempting to hit all the way down to almost my normal weight that I haven't been at in many a year.

Yeah yeah yeah, everyone says that. I think part of the hard part is that I am naturally not a small guy. I.e., me at 270 lbs is obviously mortifying and obese, but I generally would still move well and don't quite look like I'm knocking on deaths door.

Naturally/healthily I would sit at around 220 which is pretty big for my height, so I'm attempting to hit all the way down to almost my normal weight that I haven't been at in many a year.
Last time I saw 220 was 5th grade. Good luck sir!

Where do I deposit?
Lol I wasn’t meaning to open this up but I guess I can. Just that much more reason to get there.

Okay before opening myself to even bigger losses I did a quick Google search. Burn 3500 cals at a deficit to lose 1 lb. I’m not sure I’m physically capable of maintaining more than that for an extended period so maybe not a good idea for me to tack on to this one.

Edit - except for tigers. I’ll figure that out. Maybe some lipo or something. But for reals Kyle has a Vegas WSOP trip riding on me hitting the number, so I’m going for it.

Good luck in your weight loss journey!
Difficult path for sure, but well worth it

March 30 - 266.6
March 31 - 267.5
April 1 - 262.2
April 2 - 261.6
April 3rd - 258.4
April 4th - 257.2 Def thought I'd bounce back up a touch since the day before was a big drop and forgot to eat enough, plus had a larger caloric meal last night with some good fats to not be starving my body/screwing with metabolism too much. Wife made an awesome stuffed acorn squash with spiced chicken, cous cous, avocado, spinach, peppers, and some melted cheese over top.

I gained 2lbs just reading that.
It's fantastic. It's half the acorn squash, half the avocado, and very light on the cheese.

All in looking at about 800 calories, with the avocado bringing in over 100 of that alone. Lol she doesn't care about all that though, I was just taking a look to get a number on it. Still finished the day sub 11-1200 calories, always good to get some good food in though!

So after you succeed in dropping this weight by WaB... a secondary wager on how much is gained by the time the weekend is over? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

March 30 - 266.6
March 31 - 267.5
April 1 - 262.2
April 2 - 261.6
April 3rd - 258.4
April 4th - 257.2
April 5th - 257.2

Surprisingly happy with this. Wife and kids went for sushi last night and I decided to go. Went with chicken, no rice and double steamed veggies. But still, no control over how they cook it and such. Additionally, first day of the 7 days I got 0 workout in. Got the kids to bed and Clippers game ended around 930-10 PM, and while I debated I just couldn't make myself get up to tackle a quick boxing workout.

So back to the grind and today I'll nab a boxing workout and a 45 minute peloton ride. Ahead of where I thought I'd be, and hoping for sub 255 by end of weekend.

Man more people should gambol with me. Ended up losing $700 to @kmccormick100 on the last weight bet. And I’m lucky it wasn’t way more.

Lol so I’m here if anyone wants free money.

Meanwhile, a new challenge has been announced. If I don’t eat red meat or drink anything soda related until June 6th 2025, I win $36,000. We’ll see how it goes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom