Barrie-atric Bet - Win Barrie's Monies (1 Viewer)

I'll bet $50 and hope to lose it. Good luck.

After the close of new entrants. Is @RocAFella1 going to confirm that you put the money in escrow? Then I'm assuming he will be responsible for either collecting from us, or paying out.

What if you disappear or banned from the forum prior to the deadline? Or what if you're miss the deadline altogether for whatever reason?

How will that be handled?

We all know the story. Man has kids, stressful job, etc. and starts to put on weight. The problem with my story? I never stopped. So now there is more Barrie to love than ever. With one parent dead at 42, one parent double bypass by 50, and grandparents with heart attacks in their 30s, I'm living dangerously.

So here's the deal, I've done weight loss stuff before. Every time, something comes up that distracts me. We move across the world, I start a new business, family member dies, aliens invade the planet - it's always something isn't it?

So this time, it's gonna cost me. I'm putting my money up against fellow chippers. You either make some moolah or send it to the new and improved me.

Yes I anticipate plenty of pushback, jokes, cheering, and jeering, some of it rightly so.

THE PROP
Barrie will lose 40 lbs between July 27th and some time before April 28th.
If I have lost 40 lbs by April 27th or earlier, I win.
If I have not lost 40 lbs by April 27th or earlier, you win.

If it matters, I'm currently about 5'11 and sitting at nearly 270 lbs.

CONDITIONS
I'll weigh myself the 26th and the 27th this Tuesday and Wednesday as close to 8 AM as possible wearing only shorts. The average weight from those 2 days will be taken as the "Starting Weight". For me to win, I will need to weigh in wearing the same clothes and utilizing the same scale, showing a net loss of 40 pounds.

Common sense for conditions. This pays out one way or another by April 28th barring my own passing.

THE BET
You decide how much to bet between $50 and $200 (in increments of $10 to keep it simple).

To alleviate any concerns and keep it above board, @RocAFella1 will hold all of my cash in escrow. The second post in this thread will keep a running tab of each contestant, the amount they've chosen to risk, and if my matching of that amount has been deposited with @RocAFella1. Chris has agreed to this and will be happy to post on this thread confirming data and numbers are up to date/correct.

You don't need to provide anything to escrow, just simply let me know if "In" and how much. Will remain open through the second week of August.

While I don't anticipate reaching near this level, I reserve the right to cap this competition at a specific total $ amount.

So that's it. Just comment below if you want to participate and let me know how much, and I'll keep the second comment updated with all entrants and numbers.
..... I lost 110 in 10 months.

Hell no, this is a bad bad bet. I give you 60 days... No more. No less.

I'll bet $50 and hope to lose it. Good luck.

After the close of new entrants. Is @RocAFella1 going to confirm that you put the money in escrow? Then I'm assuming he will be responsible for either collecting from us, or paying out.

What if you disappear or banned from the forum prior to the deadline? Or what if you're miss the deadline altogether for whatever reason?

How will that be handled?
@RocAFella1 will pay out and collect. As posted, common sense dictates it pays out regardless outside of my actual death. Without being morbid, if I'm in a car accident and lose my lower limbs, still pays. If I break my leg and can't work out and don't lose weight, still pays. Etc. etc. If I die, that is the only circumstance where $ would go back to all parties.

@RocAFella1 already has $1k from me in escrow at this time. If we approach the $1k mark, I'll deposit another $1k. So on and so forth. @RocAFella1, please confirm you have $1k Barrie Bucks for this endeavor.

Lose it and keep it off, or just lose it?
Terms can only change to make it more difficult for me to win, not the other way around.
What would be the suggestion?

Is it hit the 40 lb. mark and weigh in weekly under that mark for a month?
Is it only a "must be this weight or under" by April 27th?
Is it a "must be this weight by April 27th and keep off for certain time period"?

Affirmative. I will be collecting or paying out strictly on the result of the bet.
@RocAFella1 already has $1k from me in escrow at this time. If we approach the $1k mark, I'll deposit another $1k. So on and so forth. @RocAFella1, please confirm you have $1k Barrie Bucks for this endeavor.
Affirmative. $1k Barrie bucks are currently in my PayPal account.

What would be the suggestion?

Is it hit the 40 lb. mark and weigh in weekly under that mark for a month?
Is it only a "must be this weight or under" by April 27th?
Is it a "must be this weight by April 27th and keep off for certain time period"?
If you are committed to it, and work hard, you should be able to lose it by December. If you lose 40 by 12/1, is it over ???

..... I lost 110 in 10 months.

Hell no, this is a bad bad bet. I give you 60 days... No more. No less.
Is this for real? That's crazy, I missed that if so. Congrats man.

The 40 lbs and 1:1 odds are based on a couple of items, 1 being that I simply have never gone in the downwards direction weight wise for two months straight. This would require a new trend for the first time in......10 years? The second aspect being, most people don't think I'll be around in 3 weeks, let alone months. Every Barrie Hater out there should be insta jumping on this for a free $200 easy peasy. Right?

While this is an easy way to lose 40lbs, it's not recommended.
I was trying not to be morbid, but tried to display that if unsuspecting events lead to either side winning, except in death, than it stands.
If you are committed to it, and work hard, you should be able to lose it by December. If you lose 40 by 12/1, is it over ???
I would think so or something close to it? I think it's fair to say the weight should have to hold for at least some length of time, like a month.

I don't quite compare this to a cutting weight exercise where I can magically hit a 40 lb loss and bounce back up. I was thinking of this as more of an overarching lifestyle change for long term quality of life improvement.

I was 220 lbs while playing basketball 8-12 hours a day, I'm naturally a pretty large dude. While I'm extremely overwieght, most locals will tell you I don't look quite 270 lbs :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: So for me to drop all the way back to my 220s is not quite so simple, but maybe it's easier for others?

Is this for real? That's crazy, I missed that if so. Congrats man.

The 40 lbs and 1:1 odds are based on a couple of items, 1 being that I simply have never gone in the downwards direction weight wise for two months straight. This would require a new trend for the first time in......10 years? The second aspect being, most people don't think I'll be around in 3 weeks, let alone months. Every Barrie Hater out there should be insta jumping on this for a free $200 easy peasy. Right?
I want it to be like the range game on Price is right there you gotta aland your exact weight within 1/2 of a pound without using a scale the entire time....

Now that's gonna be degen..
50Range3.jpg

As it stands I think this is far too easy. You either have to increase weight goal (to like 60) or reduce time period (to like Dec 31st as mentioned). Otherwise it will be a cakewalk.

I think this bet is an interesting proposal but I'm choosing not to bet against you making healthier choices/exercise/what-have-yous. You can do it.

Yeah it makes sense, I'll go ahead and shut this down with just DD for participants and keep my local bets.

FWIW, the bet wasn't meant to be hard or easy, just a natural drop given a change in lifestyle. Lol everyone must have much more time and willpower than I with how easy this is :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Then again, follow the meetups and it appears that quite a few of us are fluffy like me. The Venn diagram for chippers and eaters has a not so small intersection.

I'll follow up and update DD specifically. See y'all in 9 months.

Good luck sir! Health is crazy important. I lost one coworker to a heart attack earlier this year and had another very close friend/
Coworker have a heart attack in his early forties just weeks ago. His life is dramatically different now and it’s been a wake up call to him and others.

Good luck on your journey!

@BarrieJ3 i don’t think your goal is unreasonable. Would bet you, but I’m already pretty exposed on a weight loss challenge. Bet my friend $1000 that I would be less than 185 by MDW 2023 (215 at start). He put up $500 that he would get from 267 to 235 over the same time period. If the individual is successful then he doesn’t have to give up his funds.

Our goal is to lose weight sustainably, healthily. Not anything more than that.

What is an update on this? Want the deadline February 22nd?
Lmao update is you made monies! Too bad everyone else is a dicleberry, they could’ve made money too!

The actual update is that every day I actually am at my largest lol. Kids and work. Last three nights earliest I’ve went to bed is 2 something, latest I’ve been up is 6. Up to like 280? Just out here digging my grave.

Looks like I’ll be turning a corner here soon finally, hoping to have some occasional time for family or me soon.

Lmao update is you made monies! Too bad everyone else is a dicleberry, they could’ve made money too!

The actual update is that every day I actually am at my largest lol. Kids and work. Last three nights earliest I’ve went to bed is 2 something, latest I’ve been up is 6. Up to like 280? Just out here digging my grave.

Looks like I’ll be turning a corner here soon finally, hoping to have some occasional time for family or me soon.

Intermittent fasting is working for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom