Bad news for Pointe Defiance chips (1 Viewer)

What's happening with the remainder of the undamaged chips? Seems like everything might be going back to WA?

yeah perhaps that's putting it a bit more pointed than i intended. nothing personal against you trihonda or anyone who cares to speak their mind (obv i'm free to just not click on the thread if i don't want to see it).

but i do think it's logical. imo complaining about this sort of thing is more or less identical to complaining about gas prices. perhaps worse since many people can't simply not buy gas whereas we are all free to not buy chips if we don't like the price.

nothing will stop gas from going up. nothing will stop flipping by chippers who have different opinions on the ethics of flipping.
But...but...but...when I started driving gas was only $.87 a gallon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

This is a great debate! :)

I am not opposed to making a profit on chips sold at market value, but Jim still has some chips to sell, and he's not even shipped the entire pre-sale order yet. With the ink STILL wet on the pre-sale, I think it's poor form to then offer these up at a 100% markup to fellow chippers. Is there an official law or rule against it (no), but it shouldn't be considered kosher to do so. In the past, it's been seen as douchey, but with people seeing others doing it lately, it's almost like it's becoming acceptable now? At the very least, it generates bad karma. And trust me, to those that are doing this, many are taking notice.

I don't speak for everyone here, but I know I'm not alone in my opinion: That when people buy these in huge quantities expressly with the intent to immediately flip for a profit, it seems a bit douchey.. Now, granted, one of the reasons we buy chips is that they're not a bad investment. They often times increase in value. You buy a set, then see another set you like, then sell the first set to fund the second set. Rinse, repeat. I get that...

But when someone buys crazy quantities of a TCR sale, it denies many in the chip community the opportunity to get in on the deal, so that negates the argument that everyone had a chance to get the deal from TCR...

It's kinda like the Walmart argument... Walmart is buying in crazy quantities, which squeezes out the little guy just trying to get his small share of the market. Is it illegal? no, but it's not being a good contributing member of the chip community IMHO. You just have to ask yourself, is this a community that cares for each other, or preys on each other?

IMHO If sellers wait a respectable amount of time after The Chip Room sale, then you go get your dollar bro!!!
Amen to that. Being new I would love to get in on one early for my collection. Prices look to have been driven up by this sort of practice. Not bad to make a profit for your troubles but 100% markup in the retail world is never seen for this type of item. Even Wal-Mart works on lower margins and sells more to make money! My opinion

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom