Aurora star inspired hot stamps (1 Viewer)

Keep in mind the AS isn't oiled (unless you did it), the other 2 are.
oiling mint paulsons? you must be new around here.......

I can there is a case for both colours. Ultimately it's your $$$ pick the colour that you like the most. Dont worry too much about what everyone thinks as you will have to look at them when you play with them.

oiling mint paulsons? you must be new around here.......

I can there is a case for both colours. Ultimately it's your $$$ pick the colour that you like the most. Dont worry too much about what everyone thinks as you will have to look at them when you play with them.
For my eyes the tiger is closer to the blaze orange and contrasts more in the set, however I find the peach a more pleasing tone. I'll leave it as tiger for now and finalise the design of the stamp before getting final thoughts

Last edited:
The Peach base T5000 is okay, but I think the spot colors will contrast better with Tiger.

First test print of the design for sizing reference. I'm unsure how accurate the stamps can be made, the star for Ginan has me slightly worried.

Attachments

• P_20211014_163405.jpg
    P_20211014_163405.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 154
First test print of the design for sizing reference. I'm unsure how accurate the stamps can be made, the star for Ginan has me slightly worried.
Reach out to some of the folks here with CPC hot-stamped chips. I think the stamp quality is higher than you think.

Reach out to some of the folks here with CPC hot-stamped chips. I think the stamp quality is higher than you think.
I don't doubt it, Ginan is the smallest star in the southern cross though. I'm just unsure if the die making process can manufacture something that small.

A question, should I add the T5 to the design? Personally I don't use T5's for tournaments but should I add one anyway?

So getting into the finalised design now, final thoughts and feedback appreciated. After this step I'll be focusing on getting the funds together to make this happen. If anyone would like these offered as a group buy please let me know.

Attachments

• Final design.png
    Final design.png
    631.7 KB · Views: 102
T5s would make a great $5 bounty chip if you didn't want to use them for blinds.

My bad! it went back to default, here we go all fixed. And for sure you've earned a sample set!
Excited to see how these turn out! Have you placed the order? What is the lead time on something like this once your order is placed?

Excited to see how these turn out! Have you placed the order? What is the lead time on something like this once your order is placed?
No order as yet, I'm tapped out at the moment after going all in on a Crowdfunding campaign plus christmas is coming up. I'll be a while building back up (the chips are going to happen just might be a while). I do plan on sending the design through to CPC sometime in the near future to see about changes that may need to happen with it.

A sad but necessary update. I do still plan on bringing these to life (hopefully sooner than later) but life sometimes has curveballs. Due to some medical emergencies this year this project has unfortunately been put on the backburner for the time being. Sorry guys, I know many are excited to see these, myself included.

Did you ever have these made OP? Favorite chip of all time and would love even an approximation look-alike for home game!

Well, decided to look back into this now I'm getting things sorted personally. Holy shit did prices go up. 700 chip set (asuming I went with T5's for bounties) would at minimum cost over $7200 australian. Before shipping. Ouch, yeah this is definitely back burning for a while more, sorry guys

Well, decided to look back into this now I'm getting things sorted personally. Holy shit did prices go up. 700 chip set (asuming I went with T5's for bounties) would at minimum cost over $7200 australian. Before shipping. Ouch, yeah this is definitely back burning for a while more, sorry guys
Do you have home equity loans down under?

That’s what I do…I’m up to five of them.

There have already been two different Tina cards mold versions produced of the AS hotstamps.
Yeah, but not hotstamped.

Didn't know it wasn't possible. Too hot? Too much pressure?

Can't hot-stamp ceramics
Chipcos stamp fantastic actually. Haven't tried Tina's. But as long as the face is flat, we can generally get foil to stick. They don't stamp deep tho, just the face.

So close…
What about Tinas for those who wan’t pay clay prizes?
Ceramics defeats the purpose of this endeavour, the AS chips are more than just their colours. Not having them in clay, even as a homage set like these would, imho, be sacrilege. They WILL happen eventually, just building that kind of savings will take me a bit of time is all but it's now a personal goal of mine to see these brought to life. Perhaps the group buy option will help ease the funding burden some, at least in the sense of getting the initial stamps made as that is a huge chunk of the price.

In Real American Clay (CPC)
HS PESTA JEEP.jpg

Another set where I borrowed something from the AS is the Aegean Phare, namely the fonts on the label.
"New Greek Mold" by "Tina"
Aegean Phare 1000_IMG_0047.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom