Hot Stamps on Ceramic Chips (1 Viewer)

loukim

Sitting Out
Reaction score
There's a Tina group buy going on right now and I've been deciding if I should buy my first set. I don't have a huge budget so I've decided to go with ceramics plus stacking huge amounts of chips is always fun. But I've always been a fan of hotstamps and would like those to be my first set. Would getting hotstamps look weird/bad on ceramic chips or would it be the same as regular clay chips? Are there any copyright issues or is it looked down on if I wanted my hotstamp design to be the same as i.e. Tiger Palace or CPC Atlantic Hot Stamps?

I don't think that ceramic chips can be stamped, but I'm no expert. @Josh Kifer would know.

Yes, taking someone else here's design without permission would be frowned upon. There have been some Tiger Palace items produced, like Dealer Buttons, but I assume those were done with Ken's permission. I suspect he would not allow a Tiger hot stamp set of chips to made, but you would have to ask him. Atlantic is a CPC chip, correct? You would have to ask David about that, but again, I think you'd get the same answer.

I don't think that ceramic chips can be stamped, but I'm no expert. @Josh Kifer would know.

Yes, taking someone else here's design without permission would be frowned upon. There have been some Tiger Palace items produced, like Dealer Buttons, but I assume those were done with Ken's permission. I suspect he would not allow a Tiger hot stamp set of chips to made, but you would have to ask him. Atlantic is a CPC chip, correct? You would have to ask David about that, but again, I think you'd get the same answer.
Yup..they can be. And they are crispy.
IMG_20240110_163105779.jpg

How about wear and tear? Would it rub off easily. Lol Rub one off for us. It’s an excuse.

So, logic says these would wear a bit faster. They can only be stamped on the flat face without any relief. But with enough pressure I got some stamps to stick really well.
Is a flat face a chip without a mold? And since you would need more pressure than usual, this is a request I can't expect from Tina chips?

Is a flat face a chip without a mold? And since you would need more pressure than usual, this is a request I can't expect from Tina chips?
That's a ceramic chip. A standard ceramic has no mold.

Tina chips, I don't have an answer for. But I can say standard chipcos ceramics stamp just fine.

That's a ceramic chip. A standard ceramic has no mold.

Tina chips, I don't have an answer for. But I can say standard chipcos ceramics stamp just fine.
Gotta wonder if used chipco ceramics stamp okay because they have worn 'flat'.. Most new ceramic blanks are a tad concave to avoid the spinner issue.

I'd also think that longitevity will be an issue, with the stamps getting a lot of wear during use.

Gotta wonder if used chipco ceramics stamp okay because they have worn 'flat'.. Most new ceramic blanks are a tad concave to avoid the spinner issue.

I'd also think that longitevity will be an issue, with the stamps getting a lot of wear during use.
Could be. I tested on the worn 2s for fun. Was surprised how clean the stamps came out.

IMG_20240110_163105779.jpg

I would agree tho, the stamps are gonna be on the face that wear will occur quicker than clay. The foil won't be protected like a standard chip.

Could be. I tested on the worn 2s for fun. Was surprised how clean the stamps came out.

View attachment 1312964

I would agree tho, the stamps are gonna be on the face that wear will occur quicker than clay. The foil won't be protected like a standard chip.
What if you milled a recess? Would the stamp last longer then?

View attachment 1312964

I like how I posted the same picture like an idiot. Sorry, not firing on all cylinders today.

IMG_3279.jpeg

IMG_3289.jpeg

Yeah, it’s hard to capture in photo, but I can echo that I am really happy with how my faux hot stamps came out.

Did it quench my fire to eventually get a full real hot stamp clay set? No, not at all. But it was an absolute home run for the price point! Came out better than I hoped or expected.

View attachment 1313633

View attachment 1313634

Yeah, it’s hard to capture in photo, but I can echo that I am really happy with how my faux hot stamps came out.

Did it quench my fire to eventually get a full real hot stamp clay set? No, not at all. But it was an absolute home run for the price point! Came out better than I hoped or expected.
Impressed that you did both plain and spotted Flamingo $1 tributes.

Impressed that you did both plain and spotted Flamingo $1 tributes.

No half measures for my cheap Tina tribute sets!

What’s been very funny actually is without even saying anything, multiple players have been separating out the spotted birds as special while playing. Gotta love human nature to love shiny rock.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom