Artwork ready to go? (1 Viewer)

myj

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I’m waiting for a group buy for card molds to pop up in the classified section. One of the previous ones says it’s limited to people with their “artwork ready to go now”.

What file format are they looking for, and how can I create my own artwork ahead of time so I can be ready for the next group buy?

Do you have any experience on how to create a design on Adobe Illustrator? I’d love to learn

Most of us are design illiterate and hire a helping hand from one of the many designers around here to create our artwork.

It’s stupid easy…YouTube and a couple days. Have fun doing it on your own.
@myj Pretty sure he's being sarcastic...

Hire a designer. They are very reasonable and they know what they are doing. You'll spend weeks trying to do what they can do in an hour.

Most printers or manufacturers are most likely looking for EPS (Vector) files. That will guarantee you the highest resolution and best printed image. That is what I'm always looking for when dealing with customers/clients. A vector file can basically be a AI, EPS, PDF or SVG. There really isn't much difference because programs like Illustrator will be able to open them all.

I know that there are tons of people that use Photoshop for creating artwork and it works. Sometimes though people don't understand that Photoshop doesn't necessarily create vector files that are perfect for printing. That's where programs like Illustrator, Corel Draw and others come in handy and make it easy to really get the right files to manufacturers.

Most printers or manufacturers are most likely looking for EPS (Vector) files. That will guarantee you the highest resolution and best printed image. That is what I'm always looking for when dealing with customers/clients. A vector file can basically be a AI, EPS, PDF or SVG. There really isn't much difference because programs like Illustrator will be able to open them all.

I know that there are tons of people that use Photoshop for creating artwork and it works. Sometimes though people don't understand that Photoshop doesn't necessarily create vector files that are perfect for printing. That's where programs like Illustrator, Corel Draw and others come in handy and make it easy to really get the right files to manufacturers.
Photoshop files are OK if you are only using photographs, and you get the resolution high enough. Even then, it's better to bring the photoshop file into Illustrator for the final file.
Most buttons are NOT photos but flat art, which is what Illustrator is meant for.
You'll also need to keep in mind setting up the files to print in CMYK and the limitations that has over the on-screen colors of RGB.
@myj, f you need any help converting your art to an illustrator file, shoot me a PM.

I got illustrator and figured my way through making my own designs. Took me some time, and would’ve been much faster to have someone design for me, but I had a lot of fun designing them myself!

I got illustrator and figured my way through making my own designs. Took me some time, and would’ve been much faster to have someone design for me, but I had a lot of fun designing them myself!
Yep…I wasn’t being sarcastic. Ignorant is probably a better description. I’m sure Tina looks at my files and thinks they were done by a high school student…

I had fun, too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom