Apache case disaster (1 Viewer)

DoubleEagle

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
Getting ready to ultrasonic my HS’s. Picked up my Apache case by the handle and then...

A670E140-A7D9-49EA-A922-BD9DD5C29902.jpeg

1,000 chip pickup. :mad:

Yikes! Casualties?

No. I only got the case up about a foot before the latches snapped open. Not sure if I didn’t close the latches properly or if they just let go. Anyone else ever had this happen?

No. I only got the case up about a foot before the latches snapped open. Not sure if I didn’t close the latches properly or if they just let go. Anyone else ever had this happen?
Never had that happen! Must have been not fully latched?

Let’s design a better one....
Already been done. The similar Member's Mark cases from Sam's Club have four latches, each with a built-in second catch. Pain in the ass to open sometimes, but in a situation like this, they keep the lid relatively closed -- and would certainly prevent any chip spillage.

Just casually closing the lid makes the latches fall into place by gravity, and if the case were then lifted by the handle without first securely snapping the latches into place, the secondary catches keep the lid from opening.

I've had an eye out for a relatively short luggage strap to secure a bird cage for chip transport. That would work with these cases as well.

Already been done. The similar Member's Mark cases from Sam's Club have four latches, each with a built-in second catch. Pain in the ass to open sometimes, but in a situation like this, they keep the lid relatively closed -- and would certainly prevent any chip spillage.

Just casually closing the lid makes the latches fall into place by gravity, and if the case were then lifted by the handle without first securely snapping the latches into place, the secondary catches keep the lid from opening.

I have two of the Sam’s cases. I tried the Apache since it is cheaper than the eBay prices for the Sam’s unit.

That's no good. I need to double check my apache case, but on my members mark case the latch has a break over point and almost sounds and feels like it latches but I have to make sure I hear that second click to make sure it's latched. I wonder if possibly that's what happened here

That's no good. I need to double check my apache case, but on my members mark case the latch has a break over point and almost sounds and feels like it latches but I have to make sure I hear that second click to make sure it's latched. I wonder if possibly that's what happened here

IDK. I carried it home this way from a game a few weeks ago. Set it down in my office and haven’t touched it since.

One possible problem, when I first plucked the foam I removed two layers. After putting in 10 racks I discovered that there was a gap from the top of the second row of racks to the top of the foam. This allowed quite a few chips to escape their racks when transporting. I decided to put one of the removed layers of foam back in. The second row of racks then stuck up quite a bit from the top of row of foam. Perhaps the extra pressure was too much for the latches. I have decided to go back to one layer of foam and will turn extra racks upside down on the top row of racks to hold them in.

Does have me concerned however. I may just bite the bullet and get a Sam’s case off eBay.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom