1,000 chip case/box (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I have 1,000 tiki kings that are 39mm. I am wondering if anyone has advice on the best case to buy for them. I currently have aluminum case but the chips keep falling over and getting stuck between the pads. I am curious to see if anyone recommends a quality brand to buy. It can be any type of case.

I have 1,000 Tiki Kings chips and I store them in Justin Racks ($2.90ea) inside a Versa Birdcage Chip Case ($79.95 on Amazon)

Screenshot_20231114_185937_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20231114_190044_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I have 1,000 tiki kings that are 39mm. I am wondering if anyone has advice on the best case to buy for them. I currently have aluminum case but the chips keep falling over and getting stuck between the pads. I am curious to see if anyone recommends a quality brand to buy. It can be any type of case.
1000 versa bird cages, like this one here:
I have 1,000 Tiki Kings chips and I store them in Justin Racks ($2.90ea) inside a Versa Birdcage Chip Case ($79.95 on Amazon)

View attachment 1224904
View attachment 1224905
I was literally just typing this same response up. I second this.

Thirded on Versa birdcage. It's strong. One criticism is the lowest rack is hard to remove. But the one I got less than a month ago had a looped strap for putting on the lowest rack, acts as a handle lever to get rack out. I guess the loop was added by manufacturer -they listened.

Just an alternate idea:

I decided to forgo a standard case.

My chips go in Justin racks in a tied tote bag in a carryon luggage. The wheels are nice.

I'm currently using a birdcage from Apache and the acrylic rakes that came with the cage to store 1,000 chips. However, I'm trying to get some Justin Rakes as the acrylic rakes are no good in my opinion, too much wobble for my CC.

I did do some experimenting. I got the Apache 4800 from Harbor Freights yesterday, but I don't like the "side" latch design on it so I returned it. Also, it looks very tactical even if it's in yellow or orange. Take it with a grain of salt, after lurking for months, I see a common consensus of applauding the Apache 3800/4800. It might be right for you.

Good luck in your search.

I have 3k tikis and the best method I've found is 3 birdcages. This was the correct method for me as when the chips aren't in use, they sit on my bookshelf and the clear acrylic lets me admire them as a display. But the racks I got with the birdcages (eBay) were bad for the tikis, I had to buy 30 extra racks from BR that fit perfectly. Hope that helps

Chip racks from @justincarothers and an Apache 4800 case!
Timmay!
I like this look. And see you have 500 chips in each case. Wondering if, in your opinion, you could configure a 4800 to hold 600 chips. I see they have the 5800 as well, but just curious what you thought about the 4800 and holding more chips.

Also - do your chip cases jiggle around at all that you can tell?

Timmay!
I like this look. And see you have 500 chips in each case. Wondering if, in your opinion, you could configure a 4800 to hold 600 chips. I see they have the 5800 as well, but just curious what you thought about the 4800 and holding more chips.

Two rows, so that's 1000 chips fitting. 4800 for 600 chips would be huge overkill, I've got 1200 43mm in one of them. 600 could easily fit in a 3800, smaller version that only has clasps on the front, not on the sides as well. More compact.

Two rows, so that's 1000 chips fitting. 4800 for 600 chips would be huge overkill, I've got 1200 43mm in one of them. 600 could easily fit in a 3800, smaller version that only has clasps on the front, not on the sides as well. More compact.
Ah! This makes more sense now, thank you very much. And yea, the 3800 is more likely what I would be looking for!

Timmay!

There are 1000 chips in the case. No rattle. When you close the lid there’s foam that pushes down on the racks. I did have to buy spray glue to make sure the foam on the top didn’t come off.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom