Anyone Else Going Back to a "Dumb Phone"? (1 Viewer)

justsomedude

Straight Flush
Reaction score
Was looking at the Light Phones for a while, but couldn't justify the price.

Found this deal on a dumbed down Nokia and went with it.
1630335537249.png

Anyone else reverting back to a "dumb phone" for less screen time, stricter controls on off-hours work-access... or any other reason for that matter?

How can you check on PCF for the latest sale threads?

I don’t have any email connected to my phone. Had the work email when I had a Blackberry and it was kind of forced on you once I left there I never connected my email again.

Just decided to get with the times and ordered a Nextel ... I hear that Two way walkie talkie Beep-beep is going to be the next Fad, with mullets making a huge come back already... just waiting for 8-track to finally get the recognition they deserved! Stupid cassette tapes! Pfft
I miss my old Nextel phone. Service was crap, but it was convenient when all my friends had one. And no, I wasn't one of those jackasses that would be in the isle of the store on the speaker phone full blast. That would annoy the hell out of me lol.

To be honest, the failing eyesight of old age has reduced the amount of time I spend on my phone. However, there is little to no chance I would forgo the benefits of having a world of information at my fingertips.

Perhaps if I was in dire need of saving money, but that is currently not (and hopefully never) the case.

Last edited:
I dearly miss my Moto Razr V3, which was so small and lightweight that I had to pat my pocket to confirm that it was there. But would I give up my Galaxy 10+, which is essentially the travel size of my laptop? Not a chance!

Not that I really need a travel size version of my laptop these days: most of my "travel" is between the first and second floors of my home. [sigh!]

hell no. i thoroughly enjoying living in the future with my star trek device that knows everything.

I love my dumb phone, granted it's still a "smart phone" but it's a cheap outdated model from walmart for hundred bucks and the plan is $45 a month. It does what it needs to. My laptop is also pretty archaic lol

My favorite Nextel story... its quick, promise!

So my first job as an Electrical Foreman is renovating a Nordstroms in Towson, MD. We would start at 4am but the store still opened at 10am so we had the last two hours of work while the store was open.

The dressing rooms were closed where we would do renovations but if there was a change order we would have to go back into ones that were already opened.

Well... sure enough, two women go walking into a dressing room and my lead man is in the ceiling... we weren't supposed to be in there, he hears them coming in, jumps un in the rafters and pulls the ceiling tile back down so they can't tell he is there. I'm walking back in and know he is in there... gave it a couple minutes and hit him on the Nextel "Hey Where you at?" ... pause... "Shh dude, we are going to get in serious trouble" whispered voice... "dude you're not up in that ceiling with those women in that dressing room are you??" I'm standing outside and can hear his phone going off. The women quickly walk out and tell the sales woman that it sounded like Phones in the ceiling and they were uncomfortable... luckily the sales lady was awesome and had a good laugh about it afterwards. I listened as she played it off saying "ohh one of those construction workers must have left their phone up there, I will let them know"

Probably should have been fired... but couldn't pass up ththe opportunity at a ripe ole age of 21! Lol and to be clear he couldn't see anything he was in a closed ceiling.

I miss Nextel's

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom