Any interest in reviving Dunes Compression chips (2 Viewers)

Apache

3 of a Kind
Site Vendor
Reaction score
If enough of you guys are interested I might order these. I would need to have at least 25,000 sold to do it.
I could have a pre-sale for around $.30 each.
13884-1343883635-8f2e8d68f15a0602568b132ac87e0401.jpg

Let me know. (image borrowed from Ovo)

Not in the market right now, but for the noobs that seem to be joining us, I just thought I'd mention these are a steal at .30/chip. May be the best bang/buck going.

Agreed - huge steal at .30 each. When I sold all my clay chips in 2009ish to fund an ASM set I ordered a bunch of these and used them while I waited for production of my customs. Without a doubt by favorite china clays ever.

A playable cash set of 300 chips for under $100 or a luxurious 500-1000 chip set for $150-$300 seems amazing these days when a set of paulsons could run over 10x that these days.

Might be hard to turn down a set of 1000 chips for $300 if only to try to sell to one of my local games that has shit chips.

If you can convince the manufacturer to tweak the tooling for sharpening the edge so they can stand on their edge, I'll be in for 2400+ :whistle: :whistling:

I don't think China can do non-silver tint labels, at least not at their current cost point (which is almost zero).

Personally, I do not appreciate the "chamfer"... Like it to be sharp! IMO...

It has something to do with the injected spot colors being able to reach all the way to the external edges (versus trying to force material into a sharp corner and ending up with voids instead).

I would love to see a 100k chip made. I'd only be in for a few here and there of certain denoms.

It has something to do with the injected spot colors being able to reach all the way to the external edges (versus trying to force material into a sharp corner and ending up with voids instead).

Yes, it's a matter of tweaking the mold/cavity along with more skillful injection setup's. I do agree that yield is an issue for this challenge. As we all share the affection of the "razor-sharp-edges" of those Paulson's, ASM's and BCC's...

Last edited:
Actually I'd be in for 5 x 200, 25 x 30, maybe 1 x 150, 100k chip !!!!

Yes, it's a matter of tweaking the mold/cavity along with more skillful injection setup's. I do agree that yield is an issue for this challenge. As we all share the affection of the "razor-sharp-edges" of those Paulson's, ASM's and BCC's...

I prefer ASMs, CPCs, and paulsons after the corners break in. A little rounding makes them shuffle better. Since China clays don't break in the same way, I'd like a little of the harsh corner knocked off during the manufacturing.

Dunes replicas without the Dunes mold? IMO that would kill the deal for most buyers. I'd be in for a set and if there is a redesign I'd like the spots on the 25, 500, 1000 to change a bit.

Agreed. Would def not be interested in any other mold.

Dunes replicas without the Dunes mold? IMO that would kill the deal for most buyers. I'd be in for a set and if there is a redesign I'd like the spots on the 25, 500, 1000 to change a bit.

I meant the injection mold, not the dunes house mold. Kinda what you're saying about changing the spots.

How would these compare vs the Milanos. I way prefer the Milano denom inlays but these stacks are sexy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom