Another interesting hand in a $200/$400/$400 ante NLHE game (3 Viewers)

I go back and forth between checking back and realizing my showdown value and jamming all in.

Back door hearts get there. I don't see how villain continues here with anything worse than Ax of hearts. The pause makes me think that he was considering raising but ends up calling. Don't see them doing that with anything worse than an overpair.

I honestly don't know what to do here. Forgetting previous events from the week before, I jam. Hero can represent anything here. Bluffs and made hands would both bet like this. If villain has a 9, c'est la vie.

Im also fine checking here and taking the 75K if he doesnt have a 9. Avoid the possibility of a check raise from villain.

If I’m him there is zero chance I check a 9 to you but instead I value bet. This makes me want you to bet BUT if you bet and get raised I run straight for the door. Because of that I think I’d just check in hopes to just take down a big pot and wait for another spot to get the rest of his chips.

honestly I consider checking here. You are going to miss a lot of potential value from TT+ if he has made up his mind to bluff catch, but I’m still concerned about what he is continuing with on the turn since it’s a really bad spot for him with TT JJ etc.

Again, I can’t see many worse hands calling a river bet, and facing a raise would be brutal, I check back.

I’m surprised to see several in here thinking villain would fold turn with JJ/TT.

Last edited:
Conclusion:

- Villain in for $100K, out for $375k
- Hero in for $300K, out for $310K
- Host in for $600k, out for $230K

20 minutes in, stack sizes are relatively even to start.
Hero SS - $200K, Villain SS $100K, Host SS $200K
$200/$400/$400 BB ante.

Our read on V is still as being very tight, although he's loosened up his attitude a bit, after the big win last week.
Host is LAG.

Hero is in the HJ, V is in middle position, Host is on the button.

Villain raises to $1800 from MP. Folds to Hero in the HJ.

Hero has :ad::5d:.

We love this hand, especially in late position. A5s can flop flushes, straights, straight draws, flushes and flush draws, and has blockers against V's c-bet range.

Hero 3-bets to $8500.

Host on button calls.
Villain calls.

Pot is now $26,500.

Flop is :9s::2h::5c:

Villain checks.

This is quite the bleh flop for us. Host’s range is pretty wide here, especially because he’s on the button. Suited connectors, small pair, random offsuit broadway cards.

Continuing with our tight read on the villain, maybe a medium pocket pair, or AxKx / AxQx. 9s is definitely in his range.

We decide on a smallish C-bet to test the waters.

Hero bets $6500.

Button folds.

Villain drops into his now familiar long tank. He calls.

We notice he uses $500 chips instead of $1k chips. Not sure if that means anything. But it’s interesting.

Pot is now $39,500.

Turn is :9h:

Villain checks.

---
Admittedly, we are still a bit shellshocked from last week's SF over SF loss to this Villain, and we're looking for revenge. We tank for a bit. What do we know?

- Not likely that he has a 9, although 99, 98s, 910s is possible.
- AxKx / AxQx is a definite possibility, which means a bet would induce a fold (unless maybe if he has AhKh or AhQh). If he does have overcards, a check just gives him a free card to pick up a better 2 pair than us.
- That said, he's ahead of us quite a bit here, with maybe 7s, 8s, 910s. Same hand (A5s) also crosses our mind.

Hero bets $17,500.

Villain thinks for a little bit, and calls. Pot is now $74,500.

River is the :5h:.

Board is now :9s::2h::5c::9h::5h:

Villain take a bit, and checks.

We are potentially worried about a 9 here, but as played, and given our read of Villain, we think we're good here. 10s+, or perhaps a made flush. We also think a patented WW river jam might look like a typical bluff, and get a made flush to call. If he has a 9, fuck it.

Hero jams for an additional $63,500+.

Villain tanks. We time this one, it's about 11 minutes. Clearly no 9.

Villain calls. We turn over our full house.

V shows :ah::kh:.

:cool

I like the polarized shove, well done Krish. You're representing a monster or a total bluff.

Kind of a confusing line for this villain to take. I'm surprised they played the turn so passively given the action to that point. Your action and sizing was representing the higher end of your range like overpairs, AK, and sets.

If I'm them, I probably find a fold on a double paired board with a flush to a shove. I can maybe see them thinking that you're trying to blow them off of their flush with a bricked AK, pocket pairs that make three pair, etc.

No 4-bet preflop from this villain with AKss? And raised UTG with 98ss? The whole lineup in the game should be viewing the villain like this now:

this-guy-is-paying-out-quarters.gif

Villain's big mistake was not 4-betting preflop. That's definitely tight play. AK suited, out of position, smallest stack, I can't get my money in fast enough.

11 minutes is ridiculous. Clock called? And nice hand.
We don’t call clock in our game. Longest tank on record was last year, just over 25 minutes. I was on the opposite end of the tank, and my neck ended up being stiff for a couple of days from being completely rigid for that long.

Conclusion:

- Villain in for $100K, out for $375k
- Hero in for $300K, out for $310K
- Host in for $600k, out for $230K

20 minutes in, stack sizes are relatively even to start.
Hero SS - $200K, Villain SS $100K, Host SS $200K
$200/$400/$400 BB ante.

Our read on V is still as being very tight, although he's loosened up his attitude a bit, after the big win last week.
Host is LAG.

Hero is in the HJ, V is in middle position, Host is on the button.

Villain raises to $1800 from MP. Folds to Hero in the HJ.

Hero has :ad::5d:.

We love this hand, especially in late position. A5s can flop flushes, straights, straight draws, flushes and flush draws, and has blockers against V's c-bet range.

Hero 3-bets to $8500.

Host on button calls.
Villain calls.

Pot is now $26,500.

Flop is :9s::2h::5c:

Villain checks.

This is quite the bleh flop for us. Host’s range is pretty wide here, especially because he’s on the button. Suited connectors, small pair, random offsuit broadway cards.

Continuing with our tight read on the villain, maybe a medium pocket pair, or AxKx / AxQx. 9s is definitely in his range.

We decide on a smallish C-bet to test the waters.

Hero bets $6500.

Button folds.

Villain drops into his now familiar long tank. He calls.

We notice he uses $500 chips instead of $1k chips. Not sure if that means anything. But it’s interesting.

Pot is now $39,500.

Turn is :9h:

Villain checks.

---
Admittedly, we are still a bit shellshocked from last week's SF over SF loss to this Villain, and we're looking for revenge. We tank for a bit. What do we know?

- Not likely that he has a 9, although 99, 98s, 910s is possible.
- AxKx / AxQx is a definite possibility, which means a bet would induce a fold (unless maybe if he has AhKh or AhQh). If he does have overcards, a check just gives him a free card to pick up a better 2 pair than us.
- That said, he's ahead of us quite a bit here, with maybe 7s, 8s, 910s. Same hand (A5s) also crosses our mind.

Hero bets $17,500.

Villain thinks for a little bit, and calls. Pot is now $74,500.

River is the :5h:.

Board is now :9s::2h::5c::9h::5h:

Villain take a bit, and checks.

We are potentially worried about a 9 here, but as played, and given our read of Villain, we think we're good here. 10s+, or perhaps a made flush. We also think a patented WW river jam might look like a typical bluff, and get a made flush to call. If he has a 9, fuck it.

Hero jams for an additional $63,500+.

Villain tanks. We time this one, it's about 11 minutes. Clearly no 9.

Villain calls. We turn over our full house.

V shows :ah::kh:.

:cool
“We also think a patented WW river jam might look like a typical bluff, and get a made flush to call. If he has a 9, fuck it.”

BOOYAH!

We don’t call clock in our game. Longest tank on record was last year, just over 25 minutes. I was on the opposite end of the tank, and my neck ended up being stiff for a couple of days from being completely rigid for that long.
Has this story been told elsewhere? Because I'm really curious what warrants a 25 minute tank

I don’t think I could have jammed at the end. Too used to playing with trappy players that love these scenarios to bust people with a higher boat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom