• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine An interesting set of Paulsons - $7,500 Starting Bid w/ Reserve (1 Viewer)

bernielomax

Flush
Reaction score
Is this truly one of a kind? Its certainly a good looking set.

1668044743828.png

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185651732396?hash=item2b39b49fac:g:vqAAAOSwuURjbDxq&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAAoCXkCIDfOM/loWQ0e7AOzS9p5fQIsZqQriuPQn3AkuvtWebyQ5i+8h9xLkKylBo8cJ0YXeELhAg7Zw834toFKbaHSdCKc0bToR9Xur+qU1xiXUH2V9FI23iqIv5YyBhMj5/fBKYltMkvqdocTD1roboOSU0BMLlTRXl7b/DiE59+Za9tvHl6NouAVul/q4Ffl8Xfq+WcGS9OvL3jDgKXS7w=|tkp:Bk9SR7Cb6vKLYQ

Last edited:
I've never seen this hot stamp on a set of paulsons, would be good for a relabel set, definitely. Although a little steep. If they'd split id be willing to out some money down! goodluck to whoever gets it!

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen that hotstamp before. In fact I think I’ve seen in this week - maybe in the mail thread?
I doubt it’s one of a kind. But the price doesn’t seem that crazy to me. $7.50 a chips for mintish leaded THCs? If you have deep pockets and you’re the kind of maniac who likes chips without numbers on the, I’d say it’s a snap buy.
Oh, that’s the starting bid?
I bet it sells.

It might be a one of a kind set in the sense that no one else has a 1,027 chip set with that exact breakdown and the same hotstamp. Those colors and edgespots were available to the home market, although I will concede that hotstamps on those chips tend to be less common. His price isn't crazy compared to the market price some of those chips have been selling for, the problem is you have to factor in eBay fees/tax and he is charging nearly $400 for shipping. It isn't an awful deal, but its not a good deal either.

That stamp is on other Paulson samples I think

Never seen them on those colors or quantities

Someone’s custom or home purchased set from the Paulson Store I’d guess

I have solids with that fan stamp but not those colors so pretty cool

Great set to mill!!!!

WTF ON shipping is that for a plane ticket to hand deliver
That’s probably more than overnight fedex

It might be a one of a kind set in the sense that no one else has a 1,027 chip set with that exact breakdown and the same hotstamp. Those colors and edgespots were available to the home market, although I will concede that hotstamps on those chips tend to be less common. His price isn't crazy compared to the market price some of those chips have been selling for, the problem is you have to factor in eBay fees/tax and he is charging nearly $400 for shipping. It isn't an awful deal, but its not a good deal either.

That’s also starting bid. Reserve hasn’t been met, so who knows what’s listed as reserve. He may have reserve much higher.

And I assume he is going to fly the chips and hand deliver to the winner at that shipping price. WTF

What bugs me the most about the listing are the absolutely horrendous pictures. What the actual ever-lovin' heck is up with the random scattered cards and the pile of cash? Weird. :D
He recreated the final hand from Cincinnati Kid. That's a good thing. If he's playing photoshoot with his chips more than poker, they're probably in amazing shape.

He recreated the final hand from Cincinnati Kid. That's a good thing. If he's playing photoshoot with his chips more than poker, they're probably in amazing shape.
Thanks for the info. That makes it more understandable. Still way too many shots of that, and not enough close-ups of the chips.

The fact we got the first couple pictures clearly showing the edges and their condition, as well as a couple pics of the faces, is pretty much the most you can ask for out of eBay sellers without shooting them a private message. The format, shipping, and other pics are weird, but if the seller knew more they would probably be posted here or we would get the typical new member, "does anyone know how much these are worth?", post here.

What is the deal with having a Reserve?

Why don't people just put the starting bid at the reserve price?

Psychology. You're more likely to bid (and then get caught up in a bidding war) if the starting bid is lower. Having a reserve means you can do just that without the risk of someone bidding £5 dollars for the lot and getting it.

The starting bid with reserve amount felt like a loophole

Example

Seller set the S/B at $7500 reserve amount $10000,

Asked his friend to bid at $7500 and help Jack up the price if there is another bidder later and avoid actually bidding more than $10000 in the process

Creating an illusion that more than 1 person Interested in the lot

Psychology. You're more likely to bid (and then get caught up in a bidding war) if the starting bid is lower. Having a reserve means you can do just that without the risk of someone bidding £5 dollars for the lot and getting it.
I agree with getting the bids going, but you’d think they have the starting bid around $3k or $4k. They would get some bids and excitement and it wouldn’t sell unless it hits the reserve. He is already priced pretty high at $7500, just don’t see multiple people bidding at that price. If it started lower, you might have a few more caught up in the bidding excitement.

But, who knows.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom