Amazon Firestick (1 Viewer)

sprintcar22c

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Anyone have any info on them..... Positives vs. Negatives.....currently have Directv only because on the NFL sunday ticket.....people have told me with the Firestick you can get virtually everything imaginable even PPV events is this true?

Anyone have any info on them..... Positives vs. Negatives.....currently have Directv only because on the NFL sunday ticket.....people have told me with the Firestick you can get virtually everything imaginable even PPV events is this true?
I had DirectTV for years for the same reason, but I finally dumped them after 13 years. I do not think you can get NFL games using the Firestick, but I hope I am wrong.

They likely meant a modded Fire stick, programmed with software that allows access to pretty much any streaming and torrent site available thru your TV. If you have one, you can watch almost anything for free.

Also, it is not difficult to program the stick for extra functionality yourself. YouTube has everything you need. Some people pay a premium for this unnecessarily, but YMMV.

Some people pay a premium for this because their time has more value than the $25-40 up charge to have it arrive plug and play.

I recently upgraded my dad's Kodi box to do the streaming, and it took 3 hours to track down the necessary software as the repositories are constantly being attacked and taken down.

I've had a Fire TV box for a couple years now and love it. It was really cheap one Black Friday and I prefer the CAT-5 connection to wireless, so I went with the full version.

I just installed a current generation Fire Stick for my parents and it works well, too. Theirs is positioned next to the router and does not have any noticeable buffering lag.

Neither of them is jailbroken, so I can't really speak to that, and I am still a cable subscriber so I don't know how well it works as a flat out alternative.

Netflix loads much faster on the Fire than on my X1 router/tuner.

If you have a Prime membership, it's a no-brainer to pick one up, IMO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom