Alternatives to Dunes $1? (1 Viewer)

LeGold

Full House
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Given how hard-to-impossible it is to get real Dunes $1s, and THC lookalikes, has anyone tried making a CPC version? Which mold would work best, you reckon? As for the colors, it seems like DG Peacock + Chocolate are the closest match.

Also, has anoyne had Dunes labels made by CPC and would like to share the design (or, at least, the CMYK values that match originals as closely as possible)?

I think relabeling a Paulson chip might work better. CPCs are awesome but the material is different from Paulsons. Putting together they might not play nice. CPCs are tough so any damage would probably be to the dunes chips.

Problem is, there's only a few Paulsons that have a similar design (Camino and Scandia come to my mind) and none of them are available in such high quantities...

Problem is, there's only a few Paulsons that have a similar design (Camino and Scandia come to my mind) and none of them are available in such high quantities...

Yes, a no good options situation. Scandias are probably obtainable. Been awhile since we had a NAGB. Maybe someone will oblige on spot patterns? Still have the issue of dunes mold though.

These are almost like the Dunes chips with “extra”. Seems like maybe the same base color with the same spot pattern just with the extra apricot spots. Definitely available in quantity and quality.

C7A03FE8-8D27-453E-BBC9-7417491C92B8.png

Last edited:
Both nice candidates. As for Scandia, I'd prefer the other version which is closer to the original.

I also did some math regarding a CPC version... with L6 and a DG base, it would come to about three-fiddy/chip. Not a cheap option either.

Id use some THC chip with good options suggested. Paris 1 is what I would use, while not similar to the original it would look great.

Just my 2c but mixing CPC and Paulsons is abhorrent.

Bear in mind a stack of 20 CPC and Paulson wont be the same height most likely. The will also just look and feel totally different.

Yeah, got it. Will rename the thread :)

Still, labels will be needed. I can design them myself as closely as possible (minus color matching), but if anyone wants to share, it would be appreciated as it would save some time.

+1 vote for Paulson as material and height difference will be noticeable.
Though an Elephant and Crown from CPC or a Large Crown TRK might mimic a house mold enough?

@LeGold did you ever get those CMYK values? I'm working on a design for a Dunes relabel project, and that would really help.

@LeGold did you ever get those CMYK values? I'm working on a design for a Dunes relabel project, and that would really help.
Nope. But if you want to order labels from Gear, he has them readily available for sure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom