Aces/high hand (1 Viewer)

Chippy McChiperson

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Playing 1/2 At Maryland Live!, $320 on a $300 buy-in. They are running a promotion that pays a $500 high-hand every fifteen minutes, and there are two-and-a-half minutes left on the clock with a current high hand of aces full of deuces. I pick up aces in the small blind, and there are four limos plus the big blind in front of me. My question is do I play the hand differently because of the high hand possibility? Or do I forget about it, and play like normal.

Do you have to get to showdown in 150 seconds, or are you already qualified by having in hand cards before the deadline?

For now, play like normal. The risk of breaking your hand is too great relative to the small reward. You are potentially risking $320 for a shot at $500. The only time I would start to think about the bonus is if you make top set.

It would also be important to know if this hand qualifies should the time run out before the hand is complete.

DrStrange

just play as normal. the preflop raise will have the dual benefit of getting value for your hand as you normally would and also thin the field by a player or two in order to get through the hand more quickly so that you can beat the clock. as doc said, though - if you flop top set you might want to vary your play to make it more likely to see the turn/river depending on action.

What's the play if the board pairs on the flop?

I'd also be prepared to table your hypothetical nut boat if your villain decides to tank after you jam.

What's the play if the board pairs on the flop?

I'd also be prepared to table your hypothetical nut boat if your villain decides to tank after you jam.

That might disqualify my high hand lol. Anyway, I raised to fifteen, and everyone folded, I wasn't sure if this was the most optimal play though.

Well, you won four limos - the ability to arrive in style at DCS seems way better than a measly $500. Well-played.

(This brave new world of auto-correct is fun. WHEEEEEE!)

You can break both Chippy's ankles and he still won't limp.

Hey that applies to Ben as well come to think of it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom