8V's HOW MUCH?

krafticus

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About .15-.20 a piece, with the reds fetching a higher value, potentially up to .50

BarrieJ3

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d say go one of three ways. 1) Auction off the whole thing and you’ll get best value. 2) Auction them, but auction reds by themselves to laugh.

3) Sell em at a price that makes you a little bit, but get the items to chippers who need them. Get chips to those finishing sets or racks. The reds to someone who may have a crap ton of chips, but whose design depends on having the reds. Racks to the rack less.

Trihonda

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d split the set into smaller 2-3 usable sets in good breakdowns. This would be the way to maximize value IMHO. Yes, these may have cost .10 at pre blowout prices, but these are nice china clays, and market price doesn’t always follow original purchase price. the orig sale price was stupid cheap... look at the market for China clays, I’d say maybe $.25 chip.

bigdonkey

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
I’d say go one of three ways. 1) Auction off the whole thing and you’ll get best value. 2) Auction them, but auction reds by themselves individually to laugh.

3) Sell em at a price that makes you a little bit, but get the items to chippers who need them. Get chips to those finishing sets or racks. The reds to someone who may have a crap ton of chips, but whose design depends on having the reds. Racks to the rack less.
FYP

JustinInMN

Full House
Reaction score
Auction by color, let buyers organize their own splits and pay their own shipping. I think your market is those trying to finish sets from last years' sale. Two of those colors are still available from ABC so you probably would have to settle for a discount on those like 8/rack, the other colors I bet you get 20/rack or more easy.

JustinInMN

Full House
Reaction score
I mean the alternative is to divide this into 3 1000 chip sets and ship in MFRB, but frankly, that option has less appeal with the partially labeled sets and non standard colors with the labels.

JustinInMN

Full House
Reaction score
Or just auction the whole thing if you really want to do it in one shot, I guess. Buyers will figure out where they value these and organize their own split. But if the auction price is low, I am going to grab them and flip them according to my plan in post #18.

Beakertwang

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Auction by color, let buyers organize their own splits and pay their own shipping. I think your market is those trying to finish sets from last years' sale. Two of those colors are still available from ABC so you probably would have to settle for a discount on those like 8/rack, the other colors I bet you get 20/rack or more easy.
I wouldn’t be surprised if the reds brought $50 or more per rack.

T_Chan

Full House
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Are these able to be labeled over? Or would the labels have to be removed in order to add a new label?

krafticus

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are these able to be labeled over? Or would the labels have to be removed in order to add a new label?
They are just stickers, and peel off pretty easily. Don’t think you could label over. I pulled labels off with my fingernails

SeanGecko

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The main thing I wanted to do was help pay for my next ceramic set which is under $500. Also make some space in my new poker area.

Top Bottom