Paulson Classic Set, Sell or Keep? (1 Viewer)

AcesUp907

Pair
Reaction score
DBAF36C4-9A88-4A41-ACBF-88A5E7F0DFEC.jpeg
2641D641-8BE9-4661-885C-C63E48D4A4D6.jpeg
677BF123-8E9B-4C5C-81E9-34FB6189DCFD.jpeg
69B62B97-AE9B-43F2-9BEA-000F1ADCDFDD.jpeg
3C4E9C9E-E281-40D8-AB27-BA306A9F40A6.jpeg
287BFB73-8872-44D4-8A61-C15A8B748263.jpeg
A39F247E-0203-468C-9DB8-85A840AA01A9.jpeg

I have a huge set!
I want an opinion on whether I should sell this set and get a CPC set roughly the same size. How much do you think this sexy collection can get? White and Reds are warn, greens are good condition and black even better and purples are pretty mint.

.......I want an opinion on whether I should sell this set and get a CPC set roughly the same size. How much do you think this sexy collection can get? White and Reds are warn, greens are good condition and black even better and purples are pretty mint.
Please take no offense.... you asked....

I would have sold them a long time ago. You can do a lot better for that kind of money. CPC is certainly one option. There are others too.

The Bad:
I have no love for that set. The inlay is weak at best and it is on that "Paulson" advertisement mold. Standard/ common colors and edge spots/ Inserts could have been a lot more interesting.

The Good:
Lots of people like em and they will sell for quite a bit of money. I am no expert, but I'm sure at least $3-$4/chip

Cool set! The $1s have definitely been loved. Looks like a steady game. I think your best bet is to break this up and sell by the rack. You will not get the $3-4/chip suggested above selling as one huge set as very few would need that many.

The $1s and $5s will not sell for that price but the rest probably will if you give it some time.

Option 3: carve off a playable set for you and sell the rest. By now, you know your stakes and needs, so it should be easy. You seem to be enjoying them, given the wear, so just sell what you don’t need and pocket the cash.

If you do sell and go CPC, I would ask if you really need that same size set. Again, looks like you know what you need, but a) that seems like a huge set and b) you indicated the higher denoms are minty.

Reactions: ovo
Option 3: carve off a playable set for you and sell the rest. By now, you know your stakes and needs, so it should be easy. You seem to be enjoying them, given the wear, so just sell what you don’t need and pocket the cash.

If you do sell and go CPC, I would ask if you really need that same size set. Again, looks like you know what you need, but a) that seems like a huge set and b) you indicated the higher denoms are minty.
Unfortunately I need the large set. Multi table cash games and we like deep stacks. Black and Purple usually don’t get much use unless there is a big game but always good to have back up. It’s excessive but that how we like it lol.

I’ll be looking to get a new set like this
400 - $1
1600 - $5
600 - $25
300 - $100
100 - $500
100 - $1000

Unfortunately I need the large set. Multi table cash games and we like deep stacks. Black and Purple usually don’t get much use unless there is a big game but always good to have back up. It’s excessive but that how we like it lol.

I’ll be looking to get a new set like this
400 - $1
1600 - $5
600 - $25
300 - $100
100 - $500
100 - $1000
I guess now I know what y'all do up there during the long, dark, cold winters.

So you need a set that big. And you have a set that big. And they’re Paulsons.
Why would you sell?

So you need a set that big. And you have a set that big. And they’re Paulsons.
Why would you sell?
Looking for something new. These were picked out by someone else and I’d like a custom set from CPC

Looking for something new. These were picked out by someone else and I’d like a custom set from CPC
Oh okay. Yeah, if you like CPC clay and they have a mold you like, then sure, go for it.
There’s a good range of how much you can spend per chip with CPC, so I’m sure you can at least break even money-wise, if that’s important.

Oh okay. Yeah, if you like CPC clay and they have a mold you like, then sure, go for it.
There’s a good range of how much you can spend per chip with CPC, so I’m sure you can at least break even money-wise, if that’s important.
Im roughly calculating a $7-9K custom set and hopefully I can get $6-7K for these??? IDK yet, havent crunched enough numbers. Theres roughly 2700 chips in the picture.

I sold off some classics last year. All were in Good+ to Excellent condition. I got $3/chip for them. The lower denoms that are pretty worn down might only get $2/chip.

But so much depends on who’s looking and timing. I also sold mine off to get a CPC and don’t regret it at all.

As others said, it might be rough to sell the entire lot to one person. Would be a good idea to break into two sets and offer some others by the rack.

You might be able to get a little more for the $500 as they don’t come up as often.

Good luck!!

I sold off some classics last year. All were in Good+ to Excellent condition. I got $3/chip for them. The lower denoms that are pretty worn down might only get $2/chip.

But so much depends on who’s looking and timing. I also sold mine off to get a CPC and don’t regret it at all.

As others said, it might be rough to sell the entire lot to one person. Would be a good idea to break into two sets and offer some others by the rack.

You might be able to get a little more for the $500 as they don’t come up as often.

Good luck!!
Cool, that’s what I was thinking

Selling them a rack at a time on eBay may get you the most for them.
I had a set of Classics with a poor breakdown that I sold last year, and got CPC Rounders chips with a proper breakdown. I couldn’t be happier.

I am in the same boat, if you want to let go a couple of racks of $5 a rack of $25 and happen to have a bunch of $10, I may also just sell my set of Classics as well mainly cause I cant scale them for what I need and finding them is getting harder.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom