84" vs 72" Pub (1 Viewer)

vegas757

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I've seen the oval vs round debates and the size conversations. But does anyone have experience with 72" vs 84" ovals for up to 8. Our games are 5 min, 8 max. I love the 72" for 6 players and was even fine with 8. Is going with an 84" worth it or a little excessive? I'm not concerned with ever having 9+ so the "just in case" does not factor in. Thanks!

IMHO, I think it largely depends on the room and the amount of available space you have to accommodate the table.

I personally would opt for comfort at the table. The extent to which the 84” offered increased seating comfort (without sacrificing room layout, etc), would be a key factor for me.

(Was 8 tight on the 72”?)

IMHO, I think it largely depends on the room and the amount of available space you have to accommodate the table.

I personally would opt for comfort at the table. The extent to which the 84” offered increased seating comfort (without sacrificing room layout, etc), would be a key factor for me.

(Was 8 tight on the 72”?)
Six to me was perfect on the 72"...2 on each long side and 1 at each end. Tons of room! Playing with 8 was fine. I mean, no complaints but within a breath from touching the players at your sides. I have tons of space so probably will go with a 84".

Six to me was perfect on the 72"...2 on each long side and 1 at each end. Tons of room! Playing with 8 was fine. I mean, no complaints but within a breath from touching the players at your sides. I have tons of space so probably will go with a 84".
I agree - if you have the space and the price difference isn’t prohibitive, I don’t think you can wrong.

It’s nice to have extra room at the table if needed.

80x40 will work perfect for your purposes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom