5 suit poker (2 Viewers)

Sisu41

Pair
Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of a poker game with a 5 suited deck? I know 5 suited decks exist but I was wondering if one could play poker with them

You could. But should you?

Full houses become more common than flushes if you add a 5th suit (65 card deck). I would be most uncomfortable with this.

Had a guy bring a deck to one of my home games once, and he really wanted to play with it. I would have been game but the other players dismissed it out of hand.

What's the 5th suit? Yellow Moons, Orange Stars or Green Clovers?
Polish_20231210_140708013.png

Couldn't (shouldn't) you just re-rank the hands?

Yes. I guess what I meant is that either flush now beats full house, or we now have a more-common hand that beats a less-common hand. I wouldn't
like either of these, but that's me. I'm boring and I only spread NL hold'em. Maybe circus game fans wouldn't mind it as much.

Yes. I guess what I meant is that either flush now beats full house, or we now have a more-common hand that beats a less-common hand. I wouldn't
like either of these, but that's me. I'm boring and I only spread NL hold'em. Maybe circus game fans wouldn't mind it as much.

That is what happens to the hand rankings in short deck, for what it’s worth. (But I don’t play short deck, either)

Always wanted to try one of these decks but closest I could find was 5 crowns shitty paper cards and missing some numbers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom