36mm Nickels (1 Viewer)

hdgeno

Full House
Reaction score
Hi all, I’m thinking about doing a 36mm nickel for my ES cash set. I don’t really need them, but I thought it might be a fun thing to do.

What I’m wondering is which (available) 36mm chips would go well with the set? I’d really like to see some pink ones but don’t know if there are even pink 36mm chips out there. Would the green or brown chips work?

I need some advice, thanks in advance

7EF94A89-B4C1-41FD-AB7F-5BA5BA1FC338.jpeg

497912DE-0DBA-445E-A37D-10C04AF244F2.jpeg

@Burke found a pink 36mm!

The brown T100 Horseshoes would probably work better than the green T25, unless you use a yellow $20 instlead of a green $25. I think it's a great idea to use 36mm solids for fracs.

The Horseshoe Cleveland buy-in chips are pink but they are hard to come by now.

In my mind those pink ones would work the best, but the green (not the dark ones, the brighter ones from one of the Horseshoe sets) chips look like they may work as well. I have the yellow $20’s in my ES cash set.

Are there available sources for these 36mm chips? I wouldn't mind picking up a barrel or two of yellow or blue to use as quarters with the mixed china clay set I'm working on.

Are there available sources for these 36mm chips? I wouldn't mind picking up a barrel or two of yellow or blue to use as quarters with the mixed china clay set I'm working on.

Horseshoe Cleveland Tournament T5000 chips are 36mm Yellow
Horseshoe Cincinnati Tournament T5000 chips are 36mm (Sky?) Blue

Why mix Paulsons with China Clay in a set?

Horseshoe Cleveland Tournament T5000 chips are 36mm Yellow
Horseshoe Cincinnati Tournament T5000 chips are 36mm (Sky?) Blue

Why mix Paulsons with China Clay in a set?

If I could afford a good set, I wouldn't. I'm cobbling this together from anything I can find with the almost no money I have.

Dang, I have been thinking about fracs a lot lately and this just adds yet another option! Is it wrong to want everything? I feel that is how you end up with multiple sets, lol.

I was trying to find a thread which explains the history of 36mm chips, and why they were produced... Anyone?

I was trying to find a thread which explains the history of 36mm chips, and why they were produced... Anyone?

I’m curious too. Seems that they are pretty exclusive to tournament sets. Maybe as a way to easyily distinguish on the cash tables? So as not to dirty up the stacks?

I think it's primarily because they are cheaper but still Paulson clay. You see a lot of Bud Jones or other platic chips in tournaments for the same reason. Maybe it is also an extra security measure too but probably cost. Always follow the money.

I’m curious too. Seems that they are pretty exclusive to tournament sets. Maybe as a way to easyily distinguish on the cash tables? So as not to dirty up the stacks?

This is likely the answer. Maybe a little cheaper too. The earliest mention I have seen is 2006 on the blue wall.

I can’t imagine that the 3mm difference would lower the cost substantially except in vast quantities. The set-up and other labor has got to be a big part of that cost, no? Not to mention creating a totally different mold...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom