2020 Custom Set of the Year entry thread (now open) (1 Viewer)

submitted-for-your-5b0158.jpg

My two+ year long project is finally (almost) complete. Side Show Poker.

IMG_20200827_174319.jpg

IMG_20200827_174403.jpg

@raynmanas , your 2 new sets for cash and tourney are amazing. You shall post them here.

www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/goodnuf-custom-cpc-csq.61884/

Hey, appreciate the shout out! Full pr0n and brief history here: www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/goodnuf-custom-cpc-csq.61884/

20200910_225508.jpg
20200910_112557.jpg

These two CSQ sets were ordered on January 27, 2020 and received on September 9, 2020. The inlay artist was @timinater. Here are the details:

Cash Set:

ChipBase ColorSpotsSpot ColorsLevel
$0.25Dayglo Peach314Blurple1
$1Imperial Blue4A14Light Blue, Dayglo Yellow3
$5Retro Red3D14Bright White, Dayglo Arc Yellow3
$20Charcoal4DSA316Gray, Dayglo Green4
$100Bright White3TA316Purple, Dayglo Tiger, Gray5

Tournament Set:

ChipBase ColorSpotsSpot ColorsLevel
25Dayglo Green3TRIMRetro Green2
100Black3DSA316Butterscotch, Canary3
500Lavender6A14Gray, Blurple3
1,000Dayglo Arc Yellow6D18Dayglo Peacock, Retro Blue8
5,000Bright White6DSA18Retro Red, Charcoal10

Kewl!! Matsui chips are I think one of the only chips I haven't dealt with. What kind of pricing do they have?

It depends many things, for example amount of colours, quantities, security features etc but these were about 4€ each including taxes, delivery and all other costs.

It depends many things, for example amount of colours, quantities, security features etc but these were about 4€ each including taxes, delivery and all other costs.

Just picturing someone paying along the lines of $2000+ for 500 chips makes me cross my legs in imaginary pain.

Those must be some really well manufactured chips though so props to you. :)

Just picturing someone paying along the lines of $2000+ for 500 chips makes me cross my legs in imaginary pain.

Those must be some really well manufactured chips though so props to you. :)

Yes, they’re awesome. Own custom chip set has been my dream since 1995, so now I decide bet little money.

Yes, they’re awesome. Own custom chip set has been my dream since 1995, so now I decide bet little money.

That's dedication. I literally got a metal friend worthy set of custom poker chips and finally got a set of chips that screamed STEVE in about four months. I didn't want to play the waiting game, so I give you major props for that.

That said, if you ever sell a sample set, I would buy them because I want to see how they act compared to the big ones that I enjoy (Sunfly, Paulson, CPC and ABC). The only other companies I can think of that sell chips are Apache and Matsui. I don't really care much for China Clays, tbh, but there was a time that Apache sold some GPI chips that I got with a tax refund so I have to give them props. (note I said the ones *I can think of*, I don't need the board jumping down my throat with a set of manufacturers I don't know, I know BCC is no more and Chipco I don't think make chips any more).

If I had to wait 25 years for a set, I'd really be giving second thoughts on it. I didn't even think of making a custom set until 2017 and that idea went nowhere, so you honestly have earned my deepest respect for not giving up.

Very excited to enter my new Animal House chip set in to whatever category is most appropriate (I assume relabel). Artwork done by @p5woody and labels done by @Gear.
View attachment 532970
View attachment 532971
View attachment 532972
View attachment 532973
View attachment 532974
View attachment 532975
View attachment 532976
View attachment 532977
By way of update, the Animal House chip set is now complete. I will say it was a lot of work, but well worth it. Can’t wait to host some plo and big o as soon as the Covid situation gets a little better.
BCC0F336-0758-40E2-9CA7-1A10B6D4A9AB.jpeg

By way of update, the Animal House chip set is now complete. I will say it was a lot of work, but well worth it. Can’t wait to host some plo and big o as soon as the Covid situation gets a little better.
View attachment 541927
This set is awesome. BTW your set is not complete. You need to make some Dealer Buttons for your set if you haven't already done so. @Himewad I think would agree with me.

This set is awesome. BTW your set is not complete. You need to make some Dealer Buttons for your set if you haven't already done so. @Himewad I think would agree with me.
Agreed. That is an awesome suggestion. Where do I get custom dealer buttons.

Got it. Already reached out to Woody to get that started. Stay tuned.

Woodster makes some awesome dealer buttons. I half expect though after @Himewad passes he'll be greeted in Heaven with a closet full of tens of thousands of dealer buttons. Dude's a major dealer button guy. :) (P.S. This is a very big closet, like a walk in closet)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom