2020 Custom Set of the Year entry thread (now open) (2 Viewers)

5 days is plenty already. I rather suggest if a member with a set fails to post pictures after a day has passed somebody can just post a link or some pics from their original entry to get the votes going. I don't remember how many days we had for each entry last year, but i do remember they were cut in like half after the first round. Let's just face it, most of us are degenerates browsing this site many, many times each day, haha.

I gave five days for that very reason, but future votes have been given fair warning and will or baby run shorter.

Last minute addition
Screenshot_20210228_223127.jpg
Screenshot_20210228_223056.jpg
Screenshot_20210228_214518.jpg

5 days is plenty already. I rather suggest if a member with a set fails to post pictures after a day has passed somebody can just post a link or some pics from their original entry to get the votes going. I don't remember how many days we had for each entry last year, but i do remember they were cut in like half after the first round. Let's just face it, most of us are degenerates browsing this site many, many times each day, haha.
Why even wait a day? This will be able to be done faster (not to mention it's more fair/easier to vote on) if the pron is linked in the OP of each thread. I think people are going to end up voting for sets they have heard of and seen before in the absence of easily clickable pron. I know I'm usually browsing the site on mobile so if I enter a thread intending to vote, but then don't see any pron, I don't vote, and may never come back to the thread again to vote once someone finally gets around to posting something worth voting on.

I honestly have no idea how to even follow along with this whole process. There's threads announcing the contest, threads where you nominate the chips, threads where finalists are announced, threads where categories are voted on, but they have no pics or links, random pictures of brackets with no posts, no posts are edited to include links to associated threads.....

Why not just make a Google Form or any similar tool with pics and you click on which one you like best? Most votes wins, can all be in a single thread direct links to each category.

I honestly have no idea how to even follow along with this whole process. There's threads announcing the contest, threads where you nominate the chips, threads where finalists are announced, threads where categories are voted on, but they have no pics or links, random pictures of brackets with no posts, no posts are edited to include links to associated threads.....

Why not just make a Google Form or any similar tool with pics and you click on which one you like best? Most votes wins, can all be in a single thread direct links to each category.
I have sets in this and and am in the same boat as you. I check and refresh a lot just to make sure that there’s not a thread out there that I need to add pictures to. I’m not sure if there’s a notification or if you just have to keep hunting. Just tagging a person once is not the most reliable thing on this site, an incredible amount of “notifications” never happen.

I have sets in this and and am in the same boat as you. I check and refresh a lot just to make sure that there’s not a thread out there that I need to add pictures to. I’m not sure if there’s a notification or if you just have to keep hunting. Just tagging a person once is not the most reliable thing on this site, an incredible amount of “notifications” never happen.

That's because the email notifications only happen once. IF someone notifies you 7 times on the same thread, you only get the one and it could be buried under all the other notifications.

I'm not planning on any more votes until the current votes end.

Right now, the Open/Hotstamp play-in round and the Ceramic/Hybrid play-in round is going. You can look at the bracket thread for each class and confirm which matchups are being voted.

It's the set owner's responsibility to post pr0n. I may make some exception for these first votes because people who were expecting a December vote may not have checked in for a Feb/March vote. I get that. Then again, some people didn't link to pron when they entered their chips, and I had to find the pron thread. So my links may not be the best pictures of the chips. I'm hesitant to insert the first link I found to the set for pr0n that the chip owner can provide...

Two things I've learned already: 1.) No matter what, someone will complain and 2.) No matter what, someone has an idea of how to do it better.

As to the latter lesson, at some point the time/work involved is greater than the benefit provided.

EDIT: if I sound grumpy, it's not universal. Many people have thanked me for the time and effort put in to getting this going.

Last edited:
I'm not planning on any more votes until the current votes end.

Right now, the Open/Hotstamp play-in round and the Ceramic/Hybrid play-in round is going. You can look at the bracket thread for each class and confirm which matchups are being voted.

It's the set owner's responsibility to post pr0n. I may make some exception for these first votes because people who were expecting a December vote may not have checked in for a Feb/March vote. I get that. Then again, some people didn't link to pron when they entered their chips, and I had to find the pron thread. So my links may not be the best pictures of the chips. I'm hesitant to insert the first link I found to the set for pr0n that the chip owner can provide...

Two things I've learned already: 1.) No matter what, someone will complain and 2.) No matter what, someone has an idea of how to do it better.

As to the latter lesson, at some point the time/work involved is greater than the benefit provided.

EDIT: if I sound grumpy, it's not universal. Many people have thanked me for the time and effort put
to getting this going.
So you don't plan on adding any pics?

All the links to pr0n are in the entry list.
Maybe on top of tagging the people to post pics, we can copy the link to pr0n ?

EDIT: if I sound grumpy, it's not universal. Many people have thanked me for the time and effort put in to getting this going.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful, if you don't want any feedback or ideas about how to improve the process (which would save your own time more than anyone else's) that's totally cool. In my case I would love to participate, I just can't figure out how. There are no instructions or summaries of how the voting process works. At least not that I can find.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful, if you don't want any feedback or ideas about how to improve the process (which would save your own time more than anyone else's) that's totally cool. In my case I would love to participate, I just can't figure out how. There are no instructions or summaries of how the voting process works. At least not that I can find.

The vast majority of the suggestions I've gotten have been what else I should add to make the process for voting better...not what I can do to save time or be more efficient.

Each vote had it's own thread with a poll. The set owner post pictures of their chips in the thread and the reader decides which set she/he likes best and votes by picking that set in the poll.

The same way @bsdunbar1 did it last year...

Last edited:
I gave five days for that very reason, but future votes have been given fair warning and will or baby run shorter.

That only matters if I win ;).

But seriously, I am fine with how @WedgeRock is running this and appreciate the efforts.

I get it's a little confusing to have many voting threads going at once, I thought that last year when I participated as a voter, but if you take Wedge's advice about finding the brackets and the threads, it's pretty easy to make sure you check all the boxes.

I'm just glad someone took charge and I am sure we will get a process that's good for PCF :).

Each vote had it's own thread with a poll. The set owner post pictures of their chips in the thread and the reader decides which set she/he likes best and votes by picking that set in the poll.

The same way @bsdunbar1 did it last year...

Awesome, I'm just saying the above sentence and information doesn't exist in any of the threads about this contest. Not all of us were members last year. This is why I'm trying to find out how to follow along, and having trouble.

One user suggested looking at the threads you created to see which ones are active. Except I can't view the threads you created specifically, because it looks like you've limited access to your profile so not everyone can see it. Little things like that just add to the confusion.

Awesome, I'm just saying the above sentence and information doesn't exist in any of the threads about this contest. Not all of us were members last year. This is why I'm trying to find out how to follow along, and having trouble.

One user suggested looking at the threads you created to see which ones are active. Except I can't view the threads you created specifically, because it looks like you've limited access to your profile so not everyone can see it. Little things like that just add to the confusion.
Can you click his name in an above post to get get this display?
Screenshot_20210303-194212.png

If you can click on his post count (the number under the word messages) it should take you to a list of his last posts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom