2016 Rio Summer Olympics (2 Viewers)

If we are going there, that pole vaulter has been total click-bait for years. I'll see your hot track athlete and raise you women's rugby.. Some of the players, and even a couple of the refs. In a word, damn.

The volume of coverage has pretty much been kicking my ass so far. It's been a challenge to keep space on the DVR for the onslaught of new recordings.

I haven't had much time to watch in the past week, so I am behind on swimming big time. Track is about to start so I may be watching this stuff for the rest of the month. After I sit for a math test on Monday, the binge-watching can begin in earnest.

Trying to avoid spoilers is no fun.

No offense or anything, but that's a bit creepy.

Well I got a couple of likes so the Olympic PrOn continues :)

O6Tcq2g.jpg

You know, @mummel we have an entire thread you're welcome to derail.

Alright Im teasing, NOT.

Did you see this incident?

Egyptian Judoka Islam el-Shehaby refuses to shake hands with Israeli Ori Sasson following defeat

handshakeap16225496900611.jpg

t3_4xds97

Great to see Nadal and Lopez win the doubles gold.

Now time out from the Olympics for A-Rod's last pathetic game. :(

IMO, Girardi should have let him play third tonight, no matter how rusty he is, but then he might have been overruled by some scumbag Steinbrenner.

I know the mother of a woman who just missed the team this year. She's still under 20 so we may very well see her in 4 years. She was invited to try out in the 100m and 200m. Finished 6th in the try outs. Top 3 went to Rio.

Funnily enough was just thinking of a similar story, knew a guy who ran in the 10s for the 100m in his teens but gave it up. I wonder if he ever thinks what could've been.

Funnily enough was just thinking of a similar story, knew a guy who ran in the 10s for the 100m in his teens but gave it up. I wonder if he ever thinks what could've been.

Yeah, part of me wonders if she'll even try again in 4 years. She's at Harvard now, she may have shifting priorities.

It's amazing to me that a person can be an elite athlete at that level, and not necessarily be able to turn it into a career. If she were a male basketball player at the same level, she'd be set for life.

Semantics? I'm always up for some antics.

Just saw a Russian boxer catch a beating and be given the decision for the second time in 2 days. Unreal , not even close in the heavyweight fight vs the kahzactzan guy. Yesterday the Thai fighter bloodied and beat the Russian silly hitting him with the old 1 -2 about 40 times. Very effective strategy , God old 1-2

Just saw a Russian boxer catch a beating and be given the decision for the second time in 2 days. Unreal , not even close in the heavyweight fight vs the kahzactzan guy. Yesterday the Thai fighter bloodied and beat the Russian silly hitting him with the old 1 -2 about 40 times. Very effective strategy , God old 1-2

I'm with you Legend - I saw that at the bar and 4 or 5 of us were commenting that the KAZ guy was way more aggressive and landed more power punches. I get the impression that Olympic boxing is like point sparring with martial arts - it doesn't matter if there is anything behind the punch as long as it touches the other guy.

The Russian was going down until the ref called TO to treat the cut above his eye. Olympic boxing is way too watered down for my taste.

Yesterday on the Spanish channel was the worst ever. I was learning Spanish for " its unfuckinbelievable they could be that corrupt. What a fuckinjoke ....if I wee that guy from Thai, I'd go knock the judges the fuckout

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom