2016 Rio Summer Olympics (1 Viewer)

rowlin

Full House
Reaction score
The opening ceremony is on Friday, but the games started today. The next three weeks will include some of my favorite competitions in all of sports, so I am pretty psyched about it. I hope the games overshadow the shit-show going on in Brazil lately and that everyone stays healthy down there.

Any other Summer Olympic nuts around here? What are your favorite events, or least favorite? Do Robin Roberts' human interest segments make you thankful for DVR?

I wonder if we are going to see reports of a dead body or two clogging the open water events? You do not see much coverage of those events, but maybe this year will be the exception.

It boggles my mind they didn't move the games somewhere else when they had the chance. It's unbelievable what is going on down there.

I'm looking forward to it. My son loves Sasuke, American Ninja Warrior, Spartan races and Battle Frog. He's only 6 and doesn't remember the first Olympics he watched. I'm excited to see what he thinks of it. I remember when the winter and summer Olympics weren't staggered -- it felt a little more exciting when you had to wait 4 years for the Olympics.

I am the least interested in these Olympics than any other ever. The rampant cheating by athletes and officials and the ineffectiveness of the IOC have managed to tarnish even the gold medals.

I hate the Olympics. But only because Australian TV sucks and is basically two weeks of swimming because that's our only hope. I would love to watch it more if we got to see a lot more events even if Australia had no participants in it.

I hate the Olympics. But only because Australian TV sucks and is basically two weeks of swimming because that's our only hope. I would love to watch it more if we got to see a lot more events even if Australia had no participants in it.
Not to mention all the absolute bullshit the Australian team in particular have had to put up with since they arrived.

Total mess in Rio for sure. I was a swimmer so I look forward to that. The track sprints are always fun to watch along with some of the field events. If I've got nothing better to do I'll watch anything sport related other than diving.

I'm following the tennis events, but I too am discouraged by the "Rah-Rah-Rah of American broadcasters". Report the story. Don't tell me over, and over, and over (almost 15 straight minutes) of how Jack Sock is going the be THE player to watch in Men's singles tennis.

Then watch him get beat in the 1st round in straight sets.

Know fucking anything about the sport you're covering, or don't go to Rio. Let the fans and athletes wave the flags.

I miss the days when I lived in Detroit, because I could watch the Olympic coverage from the CBC station in Windsor. They knew how to cover sports (though a ton of it was curling).

I am enjoying having the Olympics on in the background and glancing over to see what is going on. American TV focuses on American athletes, which can be greatly annoying. There are a few summer sports I enjoy like tennis and gymnastics. However, I am more of a fan of the winter Olympics. It has more sports that I like to watch.

All the tennis is on Bravo. It's an awful all green-tinted hardcourt, tough to watch.

The beach volleyball setting, right on the beach, is just gorgeous, as are the athletes. Best watching in sports, IMO.

I am watching a 19 year old American trying to upset a 54 year old Spaniard in table tennis. This is off the hook.

That stadium on Copacabana is pretty sweet.

Have to agree with the complaints about event coverage so far, but am enjoying the games on the whole.

I myself am watching the pole vaulting.

Allison-Stokke-01.jpg

And that picture was taken 10 years ago.

27-10...math isn't my strong suit, but I'm thinking that's 17.
Then what does 2013 have to do with anything? He's either watching pole vaulting in 2013 or a girl who was 17 at the time. But not both.

Too many nerds debating numbers. The answer to the equation = that chick is smoking hot.

If you think you've stumbled onto something great by finding a pretty girl on the internet, you might be surprised at what you will find if you type the letters P O R and N into your search bar. Ask your mom to turn off the "safe search" function for an even more thrilling ride.

Do not post what you find on the forum.

Then what does 2013 have to do with anything? He's either watching pole vaulting in 2013 or a girl who was 17 at the time. But not both.

I told you math wasn't my strong suit ;)

I guess the competition wasn't 2013 - she was 17 at the time of the photo for sure.

Estonia's Olympic team female marathon runners triplets

AhIcwSg.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom