2" Rail Foam

DeeVee8

Two Pair
Reaction score
Has anyone used 2" on the rail? Looking to go with a wider rail (6-8"), wondering if 2" has been tried.

Trihonda

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t. But it’s your table.

Moxie Mike

Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Has anyone used 2" on the rail? Looking to go with a wider rail (6-8"), wondering if 2" has been tried.
What would be the purpose of 2" padding? I don't think there's anything to be gained from a comfort standpoint - you're just going to make the rail taller.

As to increasing the width - again is there some objective you're trying to achieve? A 6" wide rail is plenty - I don't know what the extra width accomplishes.

I would also encourage you to consider what a wider rail will do weight-wise - granted it probably won't add more than a few lbs but when the table already weights 75-100 lbs (depending on materials used), every bit of extra weight is worth taking into consideration.

DeeVee8

Two Pair
Reaction score
Curious on how 2" would look/feel. The wider rail is because I like more area for forearms. More comfortable to me.

Meddler2

Flush
Reaction score
Curious on how 2" would look/feel. The wider rail is because I like more area for forearms. More comfortable to me.
Exactly why I built my table with 2" padding and 7" wide.
As far as weight, it's a heavy mofo so I just use a furniture dolly to roll it around.

Meddler2

Flush
Reaction score
Got pics?
Yes.
Table was built in 2013. I have since removed the wheels and opted for furniture dolly instead. I have lots of twists and turns when i wanna move it into the house
and the dolly makes that easier.

front.jpg
frontal.jpg
drinkholder.jpg
drinkholder2.jpg
side.jpg
stored.jpg

DeeVee8

Two Pair
Reaction score
Top Bottom