2" Rail Foam (1 Viewer)

DeeVee8

Straight
Reaction score
Has anyone used 2" on the rail? Looking to go with a wider rail (6-8"), wondering if 2" has been tried.

Has anyone used 2" on the rail? Looking to go with a wider rail (6-8"), wondering if 2" has been tried.

What would be the purpose of 2" padding? I don't think there's anything to be gained from a comfort standpoint - you're just going to make the rail taller.

As to increasing the width - again is there some objective you're trying to achieve? A 6" wide rail is plenty - I don't know what the extra width accomplishes.

I would also encourage you to consider what a wider rail will do weight-wise - granted it probably won't add more than a few lbs but when the table already weights 75-100 lbs (depending on materials used), every bit of extra weight is worth taking into consideration.

Curious on how 2" would look/feel. The wider rail is because I like more area for forearms. More comfortable to me.

Curious on how 2" would look/feel. The wider rail is because I like more area for forearms. More comfortable to me.
Exactly why I built my table with 2" padding and 7" wide.
As far as weight, it's a heavy mofo so I just use a furniture dolly to roll it around.

Got pics?
Yes.
Table was built in 2013. I have since removed the wheels and opted for furniture dolly instead. I have lots of twists and turns when i wanna move it into the house
and the dolly makes that easier.

front.jpg
frontal.jpg
drinkholder.jpg
drinkholder2.jpg
side.jpg
stored.jpg

Technically, I have 2” on my rails. I used 1” padding but cut the foam to put a layer that sat on top of the wood rail (used spray adhesive to keep it in place). Then I wrapped a solid 1” layer around the entire thing. I like the extra cushion on the part of the rail that gets the most use.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom