12-Tournament Sweat Thread June 2021 (5 Viewers)

Doubled up, blind vs blind we flop nut straight and crappy low

He calls with worse low and flush draw, we hold

20210602_010648.jpg

You guys are going to LOVE this!

Alright, so we're down to 9 players. There's $8,400 in the prize pool, but only 6 are getting paid. It's 2am and we've all been grinding forever, it would surely suck to go home with nothing.

The chip leader says he wants $1700 if there's a deal (roughly 2nd place) so we ICM it, and he gets a bit under that. The blinds are 5/10K and with 1.5 million in play the avg stack is under 20 bigs, so there isn't much room to manuever.

I am the shortest stack with only 49K. They calculate the chop and I'm only going to get paid $372. I tell them they need to "sweeten the deal!" and let them know there's no chop unless I get the TGT Championship Tumbler!

They all agree, so I get my photo taken with the cup and some racked up chips in front of me. They tell me I can pick any four cards to show as the "winning" hand, so I select :2c::2d::2h::2s: because I'm fucking hilarious and they take the pic!

Once they post it I'll share it here. It's possible because I was "awarded 1st" that my Hendon Mob may wind up showing me as 1st for 3K on this event, but unfortunately that wasn't the case.

Still, felt good to not suffer from another near-miss and have a hilarious ending to share with you all. I'm probably going to see if I can get some rubber bands and try to wear the championship tumbler like a bracelet when I go tomorrow night to show it off, lol

But we're off to a cash on our 1st event of the package. I did tip out $20 towards the dealer staff from the prize money as well. I've started a spreadsheet and I'll keep it updated with the bankroll and any winnings. Another nice thing is we didn't re-enter this one, so only one bullet of the two we budgeted for, which is always a plus.

You played for 8+ hours. $160 buyin + $372 cash out less $20 tip = $192 profit? So $24/hour?

Backers get 2.5% which is $4.80? Do the backers get a piece of the tumbler?

(Just busting your chops... Better than an 'L.')

We're all gonna drink champagne out of it like it's the Stanley Cup!

So the $160 buyin is all on @Anthony Martino?

@Anthony Martino please correct me if I'm wrong:

The tournament buy-ins are already paid and are now a sunk cost (50% on Anthony and 50% on the rest of us). So the split from any tournament should be a split of the gross winnings (minus tips, taxes, whatever other game-day expenses are incurred).

If he took out the buy-in from the winnings, he'd be double dipping.

1622653989440.png

you're just going to spoil the tumbler with high end booze then it wont want to come back and see me!
How about if I agree to only drink Southern Comfort and Natty Lite out of it?

Eh, never mind. There are some sacrifices I'm not willing to make.

I think it would be 372-20 * 2.5% = $8.80.

USA USA USA!

Wouldn't it be $372 (cash out) + $160 (the second budgeted bullet not used) - 20 (tip) ??
So 512 * .025 = $12.80 ???

I'm not sure but that seems to make sense, no?

Wouldn't it be $372 (cash out) + $160 (the second budgeted bullet not used) - 20 (tip) ??
So 512 * .025 = $12.80 ???

I'm not sure but that seems to make sense, no?
Anthony addressed this in the original thread:

Any money left in the bankroll that wasn’t used to buyin to events will be refunded (i.e. $1,000 left in the bankroll means $500 back to me and $500 to backers)

We did every 7 hands last night. Wish they did every blind lvl, would be simpler
That's generally not the preferred way in most mixed events because of the difference in how long hands of different games take. Though I can see an argument for it when the games are similar and levels are somewhat short. But it makes a huge difference in something like HORSE where if you did by level, LHE would get way more hands in per level than any other game. Thus depending on where the LHE levels fall in the structure, give a big advantage to being better at that game than the others.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom