10NL Blitz on ACR: Do you call this river jam? (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
Playing 10NL Blitz while playing a 25NL full-ring table. This definitely helps address the boredom related to the speed of the full-ring table.
Only 8 hands in so just getting started but this was an interesting hand.
I have 3k hands on V so will show his HUD stats but I dont think they're super important except that he's fairly TAG IMHO.

Folds to Hero on BN with J9o. Hero RFI 3BB and BB calls. Standard.

1669761119488.png

Hero flops 2 pair on a fairly connected board. V X and hero bets 1/2 pot. V X raises to 10.1 BB or about 3x.
Hero thinks about re-raising but decides to flat for two reasons:
1. Hero could be behind 66 (3), 99 (1) and JJ (1) that would X/R. Hero does partially block 99 and JJ so 66 would be the likely set if V has a set. Better hands arent folding to a raise here.
2. If Hero raises he's going to let bluffs off the hook as they will likely fold to a 30BB raise. Calling allows the many draws to continue while they are behind. Plus I have boat outs if the flush or straight get there. Worse hands arent likely calling a 3x raise here IMHO.

1669761171880.png

Turn is a blank and V bets almost pot. None of the draws got there so outside of 66 hero is bluffing.
I dont think 66 would bet so large here either as 66 will want to give me odds to call if I'm drawing.
So no longer concerned about sets here. Why so big?
Hero calls. Raising would probably fold out bluffs and I want V to continue.

1669761484144.png

River completes the front door flush and V jams (over bet). Hero?

1669761616901.png

Interesting - on flop both Snowie and solver go much bigger that 1/2 pot when cbetting. Overbetting all J9o combos.
No hands cbet 1/2 pot! Its either X or overbet.

Anyone know why? If we ignore my exact hand for a moment, this is not a flop that my range would bet at a high (or medium) frequency as it favors BB's range. The solver shows that 70% of hands X which is representative of how our range plays this flop.
As size is inversely proportional to frequency, maybe when we do bet we go extra-large because our range cbets infrequently here?

1669764971179.png

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom