10NL Blitz on ACR: Do you call this river bet? (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
No HUD stats. LJ RFI 2.2BB, HJ calls, V calls in CO and than everyone else calls. A Blitz Family pot! This is a first for me.
Our hand plays well multi-way so let's flop good!

1670624930732.png

And we do flop two pair! X to Hero. Only hand I'm worried about is 55 as I block combos of QQ & JJ and they would have raised pre.
Straight draws are possible so hero goes bigger than normal into a 6-way pot: 1/2 pot. Three players call.

1670624952746.png

Turn is a brick and it folds to LJ who leads for 3/4 pot. Now that is an interesting move.
Raising on the 6 makes me fear 66 so I just call. Briefly considered raising. SB and BB fold.

1670625001847.png

River completes the straight and V bets 3/4 pot again. Hero?

1670625098363.png

I'd have 3 bet pre with plans to fold to a 4 bet. As played if bet closer to 80-100% on turn. Screw balance, this is a multiway pot and the guy is clearly interested here. If he has a set and jams turn, oh well. If he has a Q, great. If he has a draw, let's get the value now.

As played, he's basically only repping gutters. Your getting 2.5 to 1, can't really fold. Just so few value hands. He shouldn't really have AK here ever. So... call seems in order.

I'm not 3! this hand pre with no A, K blocker. Are you saying you would raise turn?

I did call river - his line just didnt make sense. I bet flop so why donk raise turn on the 6?

1670635612723.png

Obv easy when I see the cards but I wouldn’t worry about a set of fives when he doesn’t raise the flop vs that many opponents. Also wouldn’t worry about a set of sixes on the turn. Would’ve been a ridiculous overcall on the flop. Good for him if he made that.

Top 2? I'm not folding that very often. This seems pretty standard, but I probably would have got it in on the turn to make straight draws pay. Sets get paid, everybody else pays me.

Edit to add... Since you are really deep, I amend my decision to call him down as you did. 165bbs in this game is probably too much to try to get it in on the turn.

Still not folding that strong of a hand

I'm not 3! this hand pre with no A, K blocker. Are you saying you would raise turn?

I did call river - his line just didnt make sense. I bet flop so why donk raise turn on the 6?

View attachment 1037620
You wouldn't 3 bet this pre with all the dead money in between?!?

This is where solver land gets it wrong because it doesn't sim multiway spots well. Taking down the pot pre with the weak calls in between is VERY valuable. Especially on a format where the rake is very high like this. Any suited connected broadway (JT, QJ, KQ, and sometimes KJ) is like an instant 3 bet squeeze for me when I have position.

When there are calls between you and the PFR you should be WAAAAAY more inclined to 3 bet the hands you want to play that play well post. Especially as you get deeper.

No - without an A or K blocker I'm generally not 3betting this hand pre even with position. I tend to play this as a pure calling hand. I agree with your logic but I also think that this type of hand is one that we can make a very, very strong hand with and win a huge pot, even multi-way. In that case I think I win more by flatting when I do hit big versus getting folds even with some dead money pre. Now Snowie folds this hand facing the action bet/call pre so we're both out of solver land!

No - without an A or K blocker I'm generally not 3betting this hand pre even with position. I tend to play this as a pure calling hand. I agree with your logic but I also think that this type of hand is one that we can make a very, very strong hand with and win a huge pot, even multi-way. In that case I think I win more by flatting when I do hit big versus getting folds even with some dead money pre. Now Snowie folds this hand facing the action bet/call pre so we're both out of solver land!
I call this if no callers between. Especially when stacks are deeper and against weaker players. Once there are calls in between, I think 3 betting this at 150bb+ is almost mandatory if you are going to play it unless you know some specific things about your opponents.

I think people overestimate how good hands are multi way. Suited ace? I'm way more likely to just call. But with QJs your draws all play better heads up. And with position you can really put the screws to an EP to MP raiser whose range is pretty face up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom