10NL ACR Blitz: Do you call this river bet? (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
ACR 10 NL Blitz, 6 max fast fold. Only have 17 hands on V so HUD stats aren't relevant.

Folds to Hero on BN with AQo. Hero RFI to 3BB which is standard. V 3! to just under 4x. IP vs BB this is a call IMHO.

1647030436919.png

Flop comes low and paired. V bets just over 1/3 pot. I think it is likely that he missed the flop, possible that the has a middle PP like 88.
With two overs I call as the price is good to call with 6 outs and I'm IP.

1647030755300.png

Hero bets really big on turn, 3/4 pot. Maybe he has AJs and just hit the J.
I dont think JJ bets so small on flop, needing protection against my Ax heavy calling range.
As I just flatted the 3! pre, I think that takes AA/KK/QQ/AK out of range so I think V should bet larger on flop to deny equity from Ax.
He could have just turned the NFD here and the only combo that beats me if he misses is AhKh, so if he has the FD likely I will win a chop.
If his best hand is Jx or Ax hearts (but not AhKh) then I still have 2 overs and win a chop. I think the sizing is fishy so I call.

1647030883722.png

River brings an offsuit A. V fires again for 3/4 pot. Does Hero call?

1647031186107.png

You got the card you were looking for, what was your plan for when you hit it? Calling turn and building a pot with no plan seems suspect.

Prefolp - 4 bet>call>fold
Flop - raise>fold>call
Turn - fold>call>raise
River - sigh call, reload - if I got here with my holding, I hit the only card that I really wanted to see...no flush, no straight, top pair second kicker...fuck else am I doing at the river with this hand?

"You can't go to poop's house and be surprised when poop is home."

I mean... You have to be pretty close to the top of your range for how you played this hand. What better hands do you ever have here that played this way? Seems like you have to call.

I'd have just folded the turn though. Hoe often is villain turning 88 or TT into a bluff? The bluffs on turn are mostly Axh, of which you only beat A2, 4, 5, and T. He can't even have KQh or QTh because you block it. But he can have 99, JJ, QQ, KK, AA, AJ suited, and AKh.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom