Game of Thrones (HBO Series - NO BOOK SPOILERS) (8 Viewers)

In order for that to be true Arya would need to be dead so he could use her face.

Now that I think about it, wasn't there a scene where Arya was taking off multiple faces from a body and the last one was hers?

Maybe I'm misremembering that scene. Anyone?

Now that I think about it, wasn't there a scene where Arya was taking off multiple faces from a body and the last one was hers?

Maybe I'm misremembering that scene. Anyone?

Yeah, that's right before she went blind last season. I'm pretty sure what will happen is the Waif will try to break down a door to get to Arya, but Hodor will be there holding it shut, and then after Arya flees Jaquen takes off the Hodor mask.

giphy.gif

Or if you hate the show so much, you could just not watch. Or if you still feel compelled to watch, at least stop shit-posting in this thread.

I like the show. It can be great at times. Now is not one of those times.

Again, I apologize to the fanboys.

I like the show. It can be great at times. Now is not one of those times.

Again, I apologize to the fanboys.

Well, everyone has their opinion, but this episode of GoT has a 98% rating on rotten Tomatoes with an average rating of 7.8/10, so I'd suggest you're in the vast minority on this one.

Well, everyone has their opinion, but this episode of GoT has a 98% rating on rotten Tomatoes with an average rating of 7.8/10, so I'd suggest you're in the vast minority on this one.

I imagine that's due to "Yo, the Hound is back brah!"...soooo, yeah.

Or, you know, maybe its actually a good show. Just because the writers are going in a direction you may not agree with doesn't make it a bad show dude.

I apologize.

I'll pretend from now on the show isn't horribly written.

(This will save us all from me getting into how ridiculous the scenes with the Hound were.)

You know what they say about critics and assholes, brah.

With all the constructive insightful comments you've made I can't believe Benioff and Weiss haven't called you yet.

Is it me? Or was Ian Mcshane wasted in this episode? Was hoping for more character development.

You know what they say about critics and assholes, brah.

With all the constructive insightful comments you've made I can't believe Benioff and Weiss haven't called you yet.

I'm willing to accept a plausible theory for Arya getting stabbed in that manner. I haven't seen anyone present one yet.

I'm willing to accept a plausible theory for Arya getting stabbed in that manner. I haven't seen anyone present one yet.

I think most itt were unaware there was an actual topic under discussion. What are you confused about?

Is it me? Or was Ian Mcshane wasted in this episode? Was hoping for more character development.

I was pretty happy to see him. Loved him on Deadwood, I think he's a great actor. Pretty bummed they killed him off in one episode, but I would think his talk to The Hound is a turning point in Clegane's character development, and maybe has a huge impact for the rest of the series. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I think most itt were unaware there was an actual topic under discussion. What are you confused about?

Welp, Arya was training to be a badass assassin. She leaves the folks training her to be a badass assassin knowing that this will somewhat irk them.

Sooo...with all her vast training she decides it's a good idea to just walk willy-nilly all around town? Not a care in the world that literally any person she encounters could very well be a person who is going to kill her?

That was a bit confusing.

If she goes to ground like a spy novel, I doubt it's very interesting. She booked passage on a ship as she's desperate to get out. Not sure "willy-nilly" means much or how you reached that conclusion. Was she killing time at the mall? I agree she should have been suspicious of the kindly old woman. Please tell us how it should have happened.

If she goes to ground like a spy novel, I doubt it's very interesting. She booked passage on a ship as she's desperate to get out. Not sure "willy-nilly" means much or how you reached that conclusion. Was she killing time at the mall? I agree she should have been suspicious of the kindly old woman. Please tell us how it should have happened.

I don't know. Maybe she stows away on a ship in the middle of the night. You know, something that at least makes sense.

But yeah, literally throwing bags of money around in a busy section of town during the day was definitely the way to go. No way that could draw attention.

Welp, Arya was training to be a badass assassin. She leaves the folks training her to be a badass assassin knowing that this will somewhat irk them.

Sooo...with all her vast training she decides it's a good idea to just walk willy-nilly all around town? Not a care in the world that literally any person she encounters could very well be a person who is going to kill her?

That was a bit confusing.

I have a hard time understanding what you are looking for this season as well? You seem to bash most of the episodes so far and think that the writing is terrible, but Im not sure what it is you like about the show? If there is some type of big reveal next episode or "plausible theory" as to why Arya was walking around all willy-nilly does that change your opinion of the previous episode? If every episode of every season contained a surprise death or a expansive Battle....then I would agree that the writing was terrible.

I do think that some of the plot lines this season seem rushed, but I also think thats in part because the show has surpassed the books. GRRM may still put out several hundred of detailed pages of Arya's training, but the net result will still be the same, and the show creators have limited runway to get to those inflection points. We are no longer privy to the source material to fill in the gaps.

Right, but don't you think the waif would have tracked her down if she smuggled herself aboard a ship to Westeros? We already know that Jaqen H'ghar wasn't above going to Westeros. Maybe she (or someone appearing to be her) was intentionally drawing attention to themselves...and don't forget H'ghar was the third name that Arya gave him, after he gave an oath to her that whomever she named he would kill.

I have a hard time understanding what you are looking for this season as well? You seem to bash most of the episodes so far and think that the writing is terrible, but Im not sure what it is you like about the show? If there is some type of big reveal next episode or "plausible theory" as to why Arya was walking around all willy-nilly does that change your opinion of the previous episode? If every episode of every season contained a surprise death or a expansive Battle....then I would agree that the writing was terrible.

I do think that some of the plot lines this season seem rushed, but I also think thats in part because the show has surpassed the books. GRRM may still put out several hundred of detailed pages of Arya's training, but the net result will still be the same, and the show creators have limited runway to get to those inflection points. We are no longer privy to the source material to fill in the gaps.

I'm not asking for much really. Simply for things to make somewhat sense given a characters story line. If it turns out that Arya was not stabbed in the manner it appeared, yes that would change my opinion.

I agree with you that show seems rushed at this point.

Right, but don't you think the waif would have tracked her down if she smuggled herself aboard a ship to Westeros? We already know that Jaqen H'ghar wasn't above going to Westeros. Maybe she (or someone appearing to be her) was intentionally drawing attention to themselves...and don't forget H'ghar was the third name that Arya gave him, after he gave an oath to her that whomever she named he would kill.

Maybe. Sure. I don't know.

I just thought the way it played out was lazy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom