Game of Thrones (HBO Series - NO BOOK SPOILERS) (5 Viewers)

IMG_0674.jpg

Season 6 - Ep 8:

PROS

- Bron and everything he says and does
- The Hound takes his wood ax to four guys and tells us he likes chicken, plus gets a new pair of boots!
- FrankenMountain rips that Faith Militants guys spine and head clean off

CONS

- FrankenMountain only kills that one guy, really wanted to see him tear through those Faith Militant like a scissor through paper
- Brienne, we get it, you're the person roleplaying the Lawful Good Paladin in our D&D campaign, nobody likes you (except Bronn, he'd fuck you)
- Joke night @ the Pyramid of Mereen, they're really wasting Peter Dinklages talent this season.
- From my last recollection of the books, Jamie had been going down another path completely than where he's ending up here. He was trying to be a better person, a bit more honorable. But his speech about killing every Tyrell to get back to his sister is him flip-flopping 180 degrees back again. I'm a bad guy, I'm a good guy, I'm a bad guy again! And seriously, has he seen that awful fucking haircut on Cersei? Then again, he's probably going to wind up getting Briennes virginity anyway

- Arya Stark, oh good grief what an awful waste of time this has been. Lady Crane still manages to die anyway, and somehow Arya, having been gutted not that long ago, is able to outrun The Waif AND has a masterful trap set to take advantage of her experience fighting blind. "I'm Arya Stark of Winterfell and I'm going home!" she exclaims like an athlete who just won The Superbowl announcing he's going to Disneyland, and Jaqen just smiles and nods his head like he's so proud of his little prodigy. WTF are you going home to Arya? Last you knew everyone in your family was dead except for Jon at The Wall, and Sansa was in the clutches of the Lannisters. Your "home" had been burned/sacked/occupied and you had no allies in Westeros to turn to and were wanted. It's like watching Lost and you're all excited and shit and then they hit you with that ending.

Last edited:
Tony don't get your panties in a bunch.
Just kidding, looking for a reason to post this pic lol.

I agree with everything you said. Love the series, loved that episode, but some things just didn't add up. Plus 2 episodes left and jumping right into full on war. Seems rushed this season. Some will say better than dragging on though. I see both sides.f8f3b1037cfe4852bdc45eec05258727.jpg

- From my last recollection of the books, Jamie had been going down another path completely than where he's ending up here. He was trying to be a better person, a bit more honorable. But his speech about killing every Tyrell to get back to his sister is him flip-flopping 180 degrees back again. I'm a bad guy, I'm a good guy, I'm a bad guy again! And seriously, has he seen that awful fucking haircut on Cersei? Then again, he's probably going to wind up getting Briennes virginity anyway

From my recollection the book was almost the same.

The Jason Bourne/Terminator chase scene through the streets with Arya was just stupid and made me groan out loud. What was the whole point of the series-long story arc of her going to study with the faceless assassins to get past the job interview and then quit completely contrary to her character motivations? So stupid and makes me feel like the entire Arya character is a waste of space in the series that should have just been deleted from episode 1. I sure hope GRR Martin has a better pay off for her in the books.

I think what concerns me as we start nearing the overall series completion (next season is last to my understanding) is that two of your primary characters are either boring as fuck, having storylines that are boring as fuck, are just crap at acting or have awful dialogue (Snow and Khaleesi).

I find much of the supporting cast to be far more interesting and engaging than those two, which is unfortunate due to the central roll they will continue to play as this story drags on.

I think what concerns me as we start nearing the overall series completion (next season is last to my understanding) is that two of your primary characters are either boring as fuck, having storylines that are boring as fuck, are just crap at acting or have awful dialogue (Snow and Khaleesi).

Upside is that one is sexy as hell and the other has dragons.

I find much of the supporting cast to be far more interesting and engaging than those two, which is unfortunate due to the central roll they will continue to play as this story drags on.

Yu nu nuthin Anthony. I think there are two more seasons actually.

Oooh, the white walkers showing up while the bastards are fighting could make things interesting. Doubt that is what will happen though. Although for 180-1 odds Vanessa Selbst style i would wager some money, then claim I was drunk to back out of it

The Jason Bourne/Terminator chase scene through the streets with Arya was just stupid and made me groan out loud. What was the whole point of the series-long story arc of her going to study with the faceless assassins to get past the job interview and then quit completely contrary to her character motivations? So stupid and makes me feel like the entire Arya character is a waste of space in the series that should have just been deleted from episode 1. I sure hope GRR Martin has a better pay off for her in the books.

same here. Add to the fact that she was just stabbed in the gut multiple times. If she can run and jump like that. Why not stand and fight.

same here. Add to the fact that she was just stabbed in the gut multiple times. If she can run and jump like that. Why not stand and fight.

Yeah and she sucked fighting when she was blind so why cut the candle. They've ruined a few story lines but Aryas is the most disapointing.

Yeah and she sucked fighting when she was blind so why cut the candle.
Arya sucked fighting blind when whatsherface could see. Arya didn't stand much chance when they could both see either. So her best bet was probably making whatsherface fight in the dark.

I think after Arya left the actress alive and retrieved her sword, they should have just made her bait whatsherface in the streets to come after her, then run back to her sword and end it like she did. Just skip the stabbing and leave the actress out of it... At least that's how I'm going to pretend it happened. :rolleyes:

Arya sucked fighting blind when whatsherface could see. Arya didn't stand much chance when they could both see either. So her best bet was probably making whatsherface fight in the dark.

Being blind (as part of the books) is part of all their training. The waif "should've" had the same training and been able to fit just as well in the dark. But it's probably just me nitpicking.

Haven't read the books, but it was the only option she had left really... Probably still an underdog then, but even aces get cracked sometimes. :D

Enough about Arya.

What do people think Cersei and Qybern are up to. Wildfire is the speculation, but that's been done.

Is Gendry alive or dead in the show? I forget

Enough about Arya.

What do people think Cersei and Qybern are up to. Wildfire is the speculation, but that's been done.

Is Gendry alive or dead in the show? I forget

What was said again between them? I forget.

Cersei is going to go absolutely bonkers and do something crazy IMO. She been backed into a even bigger corner now that there's no trial by combat and will do anything to escape it a "free" her son from the council and faith.

What was said again between them? I forget.

Cersei is going to go absolutely bonkers and do something crazy IMO. She been backed into a even bigger corner now that there's no trial by combat and will do anything to escape it a "free" her son from the council and faith.

Qybern mutters something about his whisperers confirming some rumor that she wanted him to look into....

I also forget about the "Cersei" prophecy - Is she supposed to see all her children die?

You will never wed the Prince, you'll wed the King. You'll be Queen, for a time, then comes another, younger, more beautiful, to cast you down and take all you hold dear. The King will have 20 children, and you will have 3, gold will be their crowns. Gold, their shrouds.

Qybern mutters something about his whisperers confirming some rumor that she wanted him to look into....

I also forget about the "Cersei" prophecy - Is she supposed to see all her children die?

Yeah, be interesting if the zombie guy she created ended up killing Tommen

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom